My parents left yesterday. Bittersweet. Today has been alright but I had to make my OWN sandwich for lunch. Such a chore. I think I need a nap from doing that... or possibly from being up from 11 pm to 4 am last night. One or the other.
KT baby slept in her sling today. W00t! The first time I tried her in it, she was displeased, so today was a victory. Then I was an idiot and tried to take her out of it, and place her gently in her crib. "HAHAHAHAHAhahaha, oh ha, Mother," she said. Seems she is a bit spoiled by all the holding and loving we have been doing (even through the night). Yes, I have allowed this to happen -- she and I have slept on the couch, tummy to tummy, most every night. At this point I guess I've cared less about the future "cry it out" question and more about the present SLEEP question. If we are sleeping, it is GOOD. Tell me I am not going to regret this later. Please, tell me.
I am enjoying a root beer at the moment (did not know all this time that it is caffeine-free! I could have avoided all that dang SPRITE during pregnancy!), and she is happily bouncing in her bouncy seat. Awake. During the day. Good girl.
When will I feel I have something to post other than Baby-N-Me updates? I don't know. You, beggars, can't be choosers. :)
11 comments:
The first couple of months, my policy is DO ANYTHING FOR MORE SLEEP. I let the baby sleep on me, in the swing, WHEREVER, as long as it means I can sleep more. I've done it with five kids now and haven't regretted it yet.
Hey, that's what we want to hear about -- you and baby. I slept with M a lot during those first three months. Usually she'd go to sleep on her own, then once she'd woken up, she wouldn't go back to sleep unless I was there with her. I tried to get her to sleep with me a few weeks ago, and she wouldn't have it. So I completely agree with the "do anything for more sleep" rule.
My opinion is that you cannot hold a baby too much, and that includes sleeping. If you guys are sleeping, keep doing that, whatever it is.
Long about month three they really wake up an start noticing where they are. Then you can experiment with cribs for naps to get her used to the space, or transferring her to the crib awake but sleepy at night.
Right now it sounds like you have everything perfectly in hand. YAY!
All I want to hear about is you and the new addition and your family. :-)
You will not regret this. :) As sdw said, soon enough she'll want nothing to do with sleeping with you. All you're supposed to be doing now is soaking it up!
Baby KT will soon adopt a more suitable routine. It's always hard at first. Take a nap today!
I say leave things as they are ... whose to say you wont have "cry it out" issues later on regardless of what happens now ???!!!!
What kind of sandwich did you make anyway??
PS I love hearing about the baby things!!
Id leave a comment, but everyone else has taken the words right out of my mouth!
I second everyone else.
Keep the updates a comin. Nor would we refuse pictures when you have time or inclination
You will NOT regret this later. You will probably actually look back on it fondly because by then you will have forgotten how hard it can be. I slept on the sofa with Bubba on my chest for a couple of weeks and we might be there still if my mom hadn't come to visit and I had to vacate the sofa. She's enjoying the Mommy time. There will come a day (sooner than you think!) when she will let you put her down.
If the kid is sleeping, then everything is good, no matter how you got them to do it. I was pretty strict about my son's sleep from the get go and now I look back and think why. I doubt he'd pick up bad habits from the first couple of months. For now, if you're all sleeping, that's great.
When I'm slinging and I want to put them down, I leave them in the sling and take it off and put it down somewhere snuggly. Like a feather pillow. Or a car seat/bouncer if you're not into that.
J is my last and I held him all day long and whenever he slept I held him. He did not appear to be more or less spoiled and has developed his own "separation" all on his own. Even though with the other two I felt like I accomplished that, but I guess they all do what they're gonna do. Enjoy holding her, and sleeping with her!
My baby girl has had her share of sleeping on the couch with Mommy too. But, I'm trying to work on that while I still have help around during the day (my Mom is here now, my Dad relieves her on Sunday). I want to do anything for sleep, but I also want her to sleep through the night sooner than 8 months (that is where we were with Monster). Anyway, do what you have to do. I can relate!
Post a Comment