Friday, March 7

Who likes paperwork?

Here's what I don't want to be doing these quiet milk-toast days: Driving all over town to get Short-Term Disability forms filled out by my doctor (*additional forms, never before mentioned by the short-term disability people and yet suddenly "DUE TODAY, MRS. EL-E-E-OMG," upon penalty of me never getting my rightful pay*), then to Staples to fax them appropriately. And yet, that is what I did today. With a side-item of sitting in the OB/GYN's inadequate parking lot fuming at a lady who exited the office, got in her car, then promptly SAT THERE not leaving for 10 minutes, while a line of 6 of us were very obviously WAITING for just ONE parking spot to open up. Rrrrr. Road rage is even better when the 3-week-old is in the back seat crying and you can't do anything about it.

Blah! I also enjoyed re-faxing some paperwork to a freelance client -- for which I sent an invoice more than a MONTH AGO. Hello, client, you are annoying. But I want my $250 so there ya go.

This morning at 7, I felt quite guilty lying on the couch with the precious sleeping baby as my husband scurried around, doing the HARDEST part of the day -- Getting (AJ) Out The Door -- all by himself. So next week, that's the end of that. I've had three weeks to be sleep-deprived and overwrought, and now I'm just going to have to suck it up and re-insert myself into the morning routine. Unless, of course, it's been a particularly awful night. But we haven't had one of those in a few days now, so it's time. I have a sling, a bouncy seat, a pack n play, and, oh yeah, her crib -- if KT's still sleeping I just need to plop her gently into some device and go about the business of getting juice and waffles and backpack items for AJ.

On the upside, I did submit an article I have been meaning to write (for pay -- peanuts, but still pay). It's been hanging over my head forever. And it's not the best work I've ever done, but who cares, it's DONE.

I would like to please go back to diapers and nipple soreness (still) now kthanxbye.

(I'm not ALL grumpy. Am looking forward to the weekend and planning to attend a baby shower -- eek, my first possible nurse-in-public situation EVER. Glad it'll be with friends who have baby on the brain already. Maybe I can give lessons for the mom-to-be, HA!! Anyway, it was fun buying a gift since I'm all about baby items lately. I got her Boudreaux's Butt-Paste, Purell, a multi-use lap pad, and the receiving blankies she registered for, and also unloaded a couple of duplicate "The Poky Little Puppy"s and "Thomas & the the Big, Big Bridge"s I have had laying around. So that's all GOOD! Also? It's Friday night and "Lost" is on TiVo. Big party for me!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no problem with "scurrying" about in the mornings with AJ. You have done more than your share before KT arrived. Rest, relax - Let dear ol' DH take care of you.

Anonymous said...

awwww, your dh is so sweet! :-)

Mandy said...

ok, first this is 2nd blog I read in the last 5 mins about going to the ob/gyn today .. which I did as well

second .. love boudreauxs butt paste .. he is somehow friends with my father

third .. the thomas book ... HA HA I think i read that one 3 days ago

fourth ... your DH wins father of the year

Sara said...

OMG your DH is priceless, is he for sale by any chance? Oh yeah, the priceless thing. Ha, how sweet.

Wow, how sweet, can't get over that, DH totally got my vote for father of the year.

Take it easy on yourself, having a baby is no walk in the park.

Madame Queen said...

Don't jump back into the deep end just yet. Just get your toes wet to start with. Then work up to your ankles. Then the knees. Then by the time you're all the way in the deep end (i.e., going back to work) it won't be such a shock!

Oh, and DH? What a sweetie!

juliloquy said...

Oh gah, I just went through all that paperwork crap, too. My big surprise was that I had to do a "fit to return to work" form at the end of my leave.

Glad you've had relatively good nights lately!

Anonymous said...

Yes, you do have a great DH!!! But the fact that you are enjoying lying on the couch with KT is awesome and is exactly what you should be doing. As they all say, this time is so short! How did the "nursing in public" go?

Skiplovey said...

sounds like you're taking things at a nice pace aside from the paperwork stuff.
You're DH sure sounds like an awesome dad!