Tuesday, April 22

I love this right now

Our son:
- Enjoys playing outside, getting his sunshine "and vitamin C" ("D, honey..."), and making up new games like driveway golf and dump-truck racing. Also enjoys a good game of Red Light, Green Light, where he is "all the colors." (Meaning everyone else runs.) Just like his Mama, that one.

- Goes on Missions with his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, switching out their gear and (dare I say it?) weapons, hunting aliens and fighting off bad guys with one fell swoop. Or "Piiiyooo, pieeerr."

- Uses his highest pitch to speak lovingly to his sister. The best is when he coos, "Oh, don't cry, I'm right here," with a giant smile on his face and the green pacifier in launch position on his finger. How he loves sticking it in her mouth to SAVE her! Even when she's not fussing.

- Gets upset when I ask him if he needs to use the bathroom. One day he stopped and turned to me, saying, "MAMA. When I have to go, I just run to the potty and gostopASKINGMETHAT!" (He's been trained now for months, he's right, I need to stop bugging him about it.)

- Feels safest in our bed, nestled in between us, and has thankfully stopped kicking in his sleep so much. His warm little frame doesn't really even phase us anymore, despite having a queen-size. We're too lazy/tired to keep taking him back to his bed, which I'm sure is going to be a problem at some point, but right now it's just so NICE snuggled up there, we three.

Our daughter:
- Is so easy to care for. Hungry, wet, dirty, or tired. Those are really the only options we have to consider, and the solutions are cut and dried.

- Can have a smiling marathon when prompted, and just glows with innocence and joy. Nothing compares to a baby's big smile. She keeps me from getting things done because I get sucked right in to her sweet face and ask her to produce MORE smiles, and ONE MORE for Mommy, and yes, another one. She especially loves being on the changing table, after she's all cleaned up and fresh. We stay there a long time.

- Is beginning to sleep for longer stretches both at night and during the day. We're heading toward the three-month milestone and she seems to be right on track so Mommy and Daddy will be EDIT: hope to be! no jinxies! getting a little more REM soon.

- Knows just how to snuggle into my neck, making me feel warm and happy and loved, the safest place she knows. Aside from the hour of the clock in many of those moments, there's bliss there, and I'm soaking it all up.

6 comments:

LL said...

Too cute, I could picture each one of those things you described :)

I love the image of AJ talking to KT and "saving" her with the pacifier. I could use his help with Landon...

Ya-Ya Ma said...

Awwww. Such lovely images. So many sweet things for you to savor now and make memories of for later.

Skiplovey said...

That sounds like a nice place to be. What sweet kids!

MaryB said...

Beautiful post about a beautiful family!

Its kind of like a blogging version of the country song "you're gonna miss this."

Anonymous said...

Last night, my brother was keeping M because my Mom and Dad had a dinner to attend. When I got to Thomaston after being away from M for 10 hours, I first headed to the bathroom, of course. I could hear her little feet running around trying to find me. Then I got the biggest, tightest, longest hug I've ever gotten. That's the memory I'm savoring right now.

Mandy said...

oh, such happiness!!!


and I cant wait to to hear how AJ will be with KT's boyfriends!!