Thursday, May 8

Product Reviews: Bottle Warmer & Heart Warmer

Was I a complete moron as a first-time mom? YES. Yes I WAS. I did not think about the potential benefits of this bottle warmer. Thank God I got smarter between then and now. UM, HELLO? Do YOU own a 2-story home? Do YOU keep a microwave -- or even better, a stove and a pan of hot water -- on the same floor as your bedrooms? No, neither do I. And this bottle warmer has SAVED my aching KNEES, my almost-34-year-old KNEES, for the love of God, from having to stumble downstairs at 2:00 am carrying a hungry baby. So, Five Stars, Bottle Warmer. You are AWESOME.

------

You need this Mulberry Whoosh. Seriously. Got kids, around 4 years old? You need this. It is so fun -- a book with a CD, which, in our house, makes it automatically the BEST BOOK EVER -- and is a darling updated take on "Here We Go 'Round the Mulberry Bush." I never could remember the words to the original song anyway. Was it a "cold and frosty morning?" or "so early in the morning?" No matter -- now I have plenty of silly verses to get stuck in my head.

The narrators/singers on the CD use all these wacky, nasaly or strangely-pitched voices, which at first made me wrinkle my nose, but once again: AM I A MORON? Kids eat thar stuff up. Funny voices? COOOOOL. AJ laughs and sings along and mimics said voices from start to finish. Besides that, the illustrations are bomb-diggity -- a real work of art. AJ loves this book. And so do I. And I wanted to share.

2 comments:

Ya-Ya Ma said...

I've been meaning to tell you that I like the new photo of you! Very nice!

Mandy said...

ok ... linking onto amazon, clicking on buy --tracking my order -- :)