I've been concentrating an awful lot on our floors lately, since I seem to spend a lot of time down there. It's the easiest place to go when AJ wants to play something, usually "Alien Creation Chamber," and KT wants to practice her army crawl. I pour out some soft blocks on one side of me and some alien parts on the other side, and let the kids go to work.
Safe to say I will never be like someone I know who amazes me by vacuuming every day, or at least every other day. But I would LIKE to have floors that clean, seeing as how we roll around on them so much. I just vacuumed but it won't last long.
*****WE INTERRUPT THIS BROADCAST to announce... my manager just asked me to meet with him tomorrow morning 30 minutes before our regular weekly staff meeting. He "has something he wants to discuss with me." Panic panic panic WHAT COULD IT BE?? Am I in trouble? Will I be extremely nervous and worry about this all day? Will I lose my job less than 24 hours from now? Will I be privy to some top-secret work-related information? What could take 30 minutes to discuss? Will I be given a very substantial and unexpected raise and promotion?? Tune in tomorrow... cue the foreboding and dread*****
7 comments:
I dont want to talk about floors since I have spend the better part of two days cleaning up CAT VOMIT ... ahhhhhhhhhhh
also, I hate that feeling at work ... I am going to go with something GOOD and POSITIVE otherwise he will tell you sooner!?!?!?!?
Oh dear! I would be worried too! Don't people have any EMPATHY? You can't ask ahead of time like that!
DUDE! He TOTALLY wants to tell you that you rock. It would take AT LEAST 30 minutes to get even half the reasons out!
It's never what (or as bad) as you think it's going to be. Don't get yourself all worked up ... just go in, breezy and confident and everything will be OK!
I will be curious to hear what the meeting is all about. In the meantime, try not to worry and I'll say some prayers for peace of mind.
My floors are covered with Barbies and cars. I just spot clean them these days.
Don't worry...The boss is not going to fire you in the middle of the day right before a staff meeting. That's just bad business. I'm sending good and positive thoughts your way! :)
yeah maybe it's a promotion. very doubtful that your boss would fire you right a meeting, what with all the crying and all that, it just wouldn't look right. so before you accept, make sure you negotiate a nice big raise.
me = optimism
Post a Comment