I have been loving Maryb's "Pancho's Chicken." I've made it twice now. Yum! Last night I gorged myself. All within my daily calorie limit, I think, but MAN, was I full afterwards. I guess I ate slowly enough to really feel the Full.
Here's my recipe for today, and it's for the crock pot. It's from this cook book, for which I refuse to type the title here on my (perfect) blog, because it is grammatically incorrect. (FEWER!!) Also, it's not a classic "throw everything in and turn it on" crock-pot recipe. You have to use the stove. I know! THE HORRIBLE STOVE! But it's not too hard.
Tamale Casserole
1 lb. lean ground beef (sorry, Sis!)
1 c. chopped onion
1 can (14.5 oz) chunky tomatoes, drained
1 can (4 oz) diced/chopped green chiles
8 (6-inch) soft corn tortillas
2 cups (8 oz) Cheddar cheese, shredded
Brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Add tomatoes and green chiles and heat through.
Tear 4 of the tortillas into bite-size pieces and place in a sprayed slow cooker. Add half of the meat mixture; then sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat, ending with cheese. Cover and cook on LOW 2 to 2.5 hours. Makes 4 generous servings. Garnish with salsa and serve* with some sort of vegetable/salad. Seriously, you need your vegetables, people.
*I made a note in the margin: Add salt.
5 comments:
Ooh, that sounds yummy. I'm always looking for good new crockpot recipes. Some of them turn out so bad. It's good to try one that someone you know has already tried.
Oh, and don't hate me, but I tagged you for a meme.
You know I love memes! Thanks!
Just stuck this in the crockpot for tonight's dinner. Thanks!
ooh, hope it turns out good, melessa!
I love crock-pot cooking! Thanks for the recipe...I'm definitely going to try it. :)
Post a Comment