Friday, October 31

Howdy-do

I'm enjoying my "oap-meal" on this chilly morning. That's what AJ calls it. He eats it nearly every day and now, so do I! I call it "cholesterol-begone" and I'm just about sick of it already. But guess what? I'm down a pound and a half this week! So rock on, Mr. Quaker.

I really need to be calling a client about his Domain Keys and SPF record, and sending a couple of jobs over to production for some (more) color correction, but... eh. Not interested.

My babies are all dressed up and ready to participate in the Halloween parade at school (KT) and the pre-K field trip to a retirement home (AJ). They'll sing Halloween songs and everything! DH is curious what kind of candy he'll bring home from there. Ha. We made Cocoa Krispies Treats for his class party.

The big news around here is that yesterday, KT crawled for real, for the first time. :) She had become a master scooter/roller but now she has the knees coordinated. We are mobile! Amazing how an antibiotic turns her around immediately, too. She's like a different child now that she's on the mend from this cold/ear infection.

I haven't voted yet, and I'm dreading it. The lines for early voting -- I pass an early-voting place on my way to work every day -- have been out the door and around the block. People are parking a half-mile away and walking uphill to stand in those lines for hours. The thought of doing that to check one tiny box and Christmas-tree the rest of the ballot makes me want to gouge my eyes. I guess I have to, though. (I won't really Christmas-tree it.)

I'm feeling more optimistic than earlier in the week, but still a little bit in a funk. The Office and 30 Rock helped some. Things I'm looking forward to this weekend:

  • obviously, trick or treating tonight in our friends' neighborhood

  • going through the candy bucket after a certain someone has gone to bed

  • lunch Saturday at Einstein's Bagels with a friend (I'm happier about the lunch than the friend, but still)

  • haircuts for me and for AJ

  • menu planning and grocery shopping (does that make me weird?)

  • finishing my book... I hope

  • dinner out somewhere, perhaps, if the kids are in a good mood


What about you?

4 comments:

MaryB said...

So, Im assuming here that lunchvfriend doesnt read the blog?

el-e-e said...

Very few of my real-life friends even know about the blog.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to going to the Home Depot-like store to get picture hangers this weekend. And then hanging pictures! Woo!

Mandy said...

how did the field trip go for AJ?


anyway .. we all NEED haircuts around here too;)

and Jilly can come hang stuff over at our house when she's done over there!!!