One of the best things about having a 2nd child is, naturally, watching the relationship with the first child develop. AJ has been head-over-heels about KT baby since day one (I'll never forget his high-pitched cooing at her in the hospital, and he STILL, to this day, mimics me; whatever I say to her, he repeats to her with the same pitch and inflection).
Yesterday at lunch, she was being a monkey and putting her half-chewed biter biscuit in her hair. GROSS. I sat next to her, exclaiming, with my hands up, "NOooooo! Don't put it in your hair!" Being serious, but saying it in a funny way with a smile. Well, AJ thought that was the funniest thing he'd ever heard, and he laughed at me across the table. At that, KT whipped her head around to see where the laugh was coming from, and light dawned. She did it again, I exclaimed again, and they BOTH laughed.
From then on, it was a conspiracy to get Mama mad. She started putting cookie in her hair on purpose, repeatedly, and AJ totally egged her on, to get the laugh.
The first of what I expect will be many times they'll plot against me.
5 comments:
I too love watching the relationship develop! So cute (messy?)!
LOL!
When Emily and Keith gang up on me, I just can't win! It is fun to watch them together and see how obviously they love one another.
You, my dear friend, are doomed.
Doomed, I say.
As are we all.
I wish I had been there to see it!!
Post a Comment