
---1---
I spent a couple hours (eep) last night watching Millionaire Matchmaker. Oddly, shamefully fascinating.
---2---
The other day KT baby (SO not a baby anymore!) was on the floor with me, and when I turned my head away from her, the back of my hair swept and tickled her face. She put her hands in it and giggled. I was whisked back to my Kindergarten days, when my best friend sat behind me in circle time, braiding what little hair I had. I LOVED that. I would always return the favor, and that’s how I learned to make braids both French and fishtail. (Here’s where Maryb needs to look away.) I imagine KT and I will play “hair salon” in the future, and I can’t wait! I just adore it when someone plays with my hair. Wait, you know what, Maryb? We are going to make a POINT of playing hair salon during Beach Weeks, WITH you. That’s a promise.
---3---
I will likely be rooting for the Cardinals this weekend – I always hope for the underdog – while my husband roots for the Steelers, whom he liked when he was a child. I believe there is even a photo of him in Steelers jammies, somewhere. I imagine I will enjoy the SuperBowl more this year than last, although I will admit last year WAS kind-of exciting. I’m taking white-chocolate-macadamia cookies and an as-yet-undecided appetizer to our annual gathering. What’s your favorite appetizer?
---4---
---5---
Today’s lunch: chicken and black bean burrito with corn, salsa, cheese. Baked Lays. Mixed greens salad with croutons, leftover from last night -- the croutons will be soggy. Honeycrisp Apple for 3pm snack. What’s killing me is the 5-6 o’clock hour, before dinner. I’m trying to chew gum on the way home, and pour myself a drink the minute I get there (Diet Coke, not a FUN drink unfortch), but still I usually have to snarf a handful of Goldfish to SURVIVE. Sigh. I love Goldfishies.
---6---
I guess I’m going to be a person who gets migraines. <-- Unofficial diagnosis. I had one a couple months ago that caused me to have to leave work and go home/lie down, and then this past Saturday I got one again. It wasn’t quite as bad as last time, and thanks be to heaven, KT was down for a nap at the time it really hit hard, but... poopers. I don’t want to have migraines. Very uncool. Although maybe I need to buy a flowery dressing gown and a black-out mask, and really play it up: “I’m evah so sorry, DAHLING, I can’t possibly take the Children today. I feel a Migraine coming on… I must retire to the Bedruhm.”
---7---
I’ve decided that I like a certain guilty-pleasure website (so cruel, so inappropriate, but aren’t we all a little obsessed with celebrity-bashing? C’mon, it can’t be just me) best when I “save it up” and read several new posts at a time. The trashiness! I find myself unable to stop laughing, and sad when I’ve read them all. And THAT’s why I also read sites like Jen’s (with amazing, wonderful links like this), to counter-balance all that naughtiness.
More quick takes over there! Happy Friday!
2 comments:
#7? I visit it almost every day and find myself laughing out loud. And today's lunch sounded yummy! :)
I watched some of Millionaire Matchmaker when we were getting Bravo for free. Bizarre but also strangely interesting.
Big Mama's Mississippi Sin Dip (renamed Mean Green Dip here for tailgating) is yummy.
Post a Comment