Tuesday, February 3

New Layout, Trader Tyooos-blogivers-day

You like this one? I like this one. The blue flowers might be a TAD distracting, but it's better. It's quite "me," I think. You people who know me IRL, feel free to agree or dispute. :)

------

Here's what I threw together last night for dinner. We had a roast chicken the other night and I'd saved a LOT of meat.

Cobbled-Together Tetrazzini

half-box of angel hair pasta, cooked
1 TBSP butter
1-2 green onions, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 soup can water
1 chicken bouillon cube
few dashes garlic salt
1 cubic inch or so Velveeta (optional)
1 cup-ish diced chicken
shredded Cheddar

While the noodles cook, saute the onions in butter for 5-8 minutes. Then add soup, water, bouillon cube, salt, and Velveeta, and cook over medium heat 'til cheese melts and everything blends well. Drain noodles, and mix them with the soup mixture. Add chicken and stir, then pour into an 8x8 dish. Sprinkle Cheddar over the top, and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.

This recipe is Not Diet Friendly, obvs, but very Comfort Friendly. Picky AJ ate it reluctantly, which in my book equals success. (He didn't gag? I win.) KT played with a spaghetti noodle.

I served it with a cucumber salad (for me), watermelon (for the kids), and garlic toast (for hubby and kids). Mmm-mmm, good.

------

I think that blogging has almost ruined me for writing. When something like this post counts... yikes. I actually started hello, self when I first become a web content manager, as a way to practice my writing skills. Unfortunately, now when I'm faced with a 'real' writing task like submitting something for our company newsletter, I fret and fret over it. I can still do it, but it's laborious. It FEELS harder because this is so easy, and so regular, that it has become the norm. I'm slightly concerned about that; I don't want to lose the "real" skill.

Other skills I've lost in the last 4 years: The Ability and Time to Scrapbook. Good Breath Control when singing. The Ability to have more than 2 Adult Beverages at once.

Skills I've gained: Meme-ability. (Man, can I ever produce a MEME.) Confidence to type to strangers. (I used to be very scared to leave comments. Now I've de-lurked all over the place, and with a photo, too!) Confidence in my parenting skills, sometimes. Or at least the knowledge that other people do stupid things as much as I do. The ability to carry many pounds of baby and accoutrements. (That one's unrelated to blogging, but critical to life.)

I didn't start this post intending to wish myself a happy blogiversary, but guess what? It's mah birthday! *whooooosh!* I just made a wish that we'll celebrate it again next year. :) Thanks for being so awesome, lovely readers and friends.

12 comments:

Mandy said...

Happy Blogiversary (did I spell it wrong)????

Love the recipe .. gives me some good hints on how to throw stuff together like that!! It may not be "diet friendly" but its budget friendly and these days that counts just as much .. if not more!

I have lost the abilty to consume more than 2 adult beverages too ... and when I have overcome that disability I REALLY regret it.

nicole said...

I like the new look. And I have also suffered the from the two-beverage limit. And they don't even have to be particularly strong adult beverages.

I know you'll be celebrating again next year.

MaryB said...

If you're not celebrating this event next year I will simply hunt you down....that is all. Are you scared?

I think the new look fots you to a "t." As a matter of fact, I was perusing blogs last night (prior to this post) and said aloud the the man of the house, "this is SO el-e-e!" (only I said your real name lest he remind me that "blogging is so stupid!")

MaryB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

That comment by MaryB made me laugh. Happy Blogiversary! I like the look. And it does fit you, except you are fairly multidimensional. I mean, I see you at work, and it's not like you wear flowery clothes. I'm thinking of Meg's shoes right now, and those aren't you. But we can all use a little bit of pretty.

Julie said...

Happy Blogiversary!

That recipe looks tasty. Velveeta makes anything tasty, right?!

I like the new look!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

I think that to celebrate your day, I will try the recipe you posted. Sounds delicious!!

Anonymous said...

Huh, by "fairly multidimensional," I meant "very multidimensional."

Anonymous said...

Huh, "multidimensional" is one of those words that can't be qualified, isn't it? Maybe I should quit commenting.

el-e-e said...

sdw, you are cracking me up. :)

Leandra said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late, but happy blogiversary! And I love the new layout, it's really pretty!