Thursday, February 26

Things to Do Today

figure out how to use WordPress for one of the sites I'm supposed to manage (Booo! I'm a Blogger girl!)

attend meeting with our PR firm to figure out how to "do" PR. Heh.

write an article that's in rough -- really rough -- draft, started by someone else.

try to block out the noise from several loud people in the office. hrm. only drawback so far. at least they're NICE loud people, though.

read and study some company literature I've been meaning to read and study since Monday.

be thankful that my Orientation days of all-meetings, all-the-time, is DONE!

watch The Office tonight and know that I have the BEST manager of all time, now. (Not compared to my previous mgr, only to Michael Scott.)

try to workout again tonight. I've given up on "30 straight days." It's impossible. Am changing to the "plan to workout EVERY day" mindset -- the one where you assume you're going to workout every day, but if something comes up and you don't/can't, no biggie, you're working out tomorrow anyway. Don't know if it'll work. I've historically NEEDED the mental boost of "whew, tomorrow's my day off." We'll see. I AM down to 141.5 lbs, though, (a loss of another 1.5) and I feel good. Clothes seem to fit and/or be too loose.

6 comments:

nicole said...

Way to go on the weight loss! I'm fighting the temptation to skip my workout today. Some days I just want to be a lazy bum, but that is not an option lately. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Yay, an update. Yeah, I've noticed that there's NO WAY a sane person (a person who knows that sleeping or speaking to her family needs to occasionally trump exercise) can work out every day. I personally even have a hard time telling myself I "should" work out every day -- setting myself up for failure and a guilt trip -- which I don't handle well. Anyway, so glad you have a moment to breathe at work today.

Mandy said...

it must be exciting to be learning all sorts of new things!!!!

Skiplovey said...

You gave up 30 days straight? shoot I was so going to use you as motivation, "if hello self can do it than so can I". Does that shame you back on track? Just kidding.

Lee said...

skip, it totally does nothing for me. I have no shame. But thanks for trying! Hope you can do it anyway!!

Julie said...

Yay! Hope the new job is everything you expected and more. :)