For now, a list:
- Did I tell you that I am going to be working with, and for, an old friend? She and I worked together years ago when we were both single, and we palled around (pal'd? pal-ed? how in heck do you spell that word?) going to movies, spending lunch-hour out together frequently (disposable income, remember?), going to museums on weekends... I am having fun remembering that time in my life and I am so happy to get to know her better, again. We didn't exactly lose touch, but definitely haven't been friends of a "daily" sort for 10 years or so. (OLDNESS, by the way. When ten years has passed between then and now! Gah.)
- Our Disney trip. Let me just tell you! The Animal Kingdom Lodge is Super. Cool. There weren't supposed to be animals on the savannah (which the hotel room balconies overlook) -- they had told us they were doing maintenance last week. But guess what -- there WERE animals on the savannah. Waking up, the first thing we did was pull open the curtains to see if the giraffes were out yet. Giraffes! Pre-dawn! That is why they call it "magical." We did Animal Kingdom Park Thursday, Epcot on Friday, and Magic Kingdom on Saturday, and yes I do hope to post some pictures soon. I'm still half there in my mind -- getting flashbacks of times we spent at the Biergarten in Germany at the World Showcase, waiting for the Disney bus, and standing in line at the Mad Hatter's Tea Party. Lots more to write about the trip so stay tuned.
- KT's first birthday! I guess second-kid syndrome applies and she won't get a lovey-dovey letter from Mama like her brother did, but I assure you we have celebrated well. We had a beautiful and scrumptious cake delivered to our hotel room and made sure she had some in her hair, for posterity you know. I still can't believe a year is gone, and I wonder if we will ever stop thinking of her as The Baby. She is so precious, and my goodness, did SO WELL on an exhausting trip; such a joy. She's learned a few signs finally! "More," and "Drink," and "Night-Night." She's walking like crazy -- Daddy calls her Frankenstein. She's embraced the sippy cup (we thought she never would), and last night ate PEAS for dinner. Real Peas, and she swalloed nearly every one! A girl after my own heart. :)
- Finally, an update on the 30-Day Shred: I still haven't started the 30 consecutive days. I'm hoping this will be Night One. When I watch Biggest Loser on Tuesdays I feel guilty so I usually workout. Am anxious to feeeeel the buuuurn again so Bring It, Jillian! I apparently walked off another pound at Disneyworld. So, 143. Woo! And still MONTHS before I have to appear in a bathing suit. I'm optimistic!
4 comments:
cant wait to see pictures !!!!
Thanks for the list of updates. Way to go on losing a pound on vacation. I usually have worked out on Biggest Loser days too, which makes watching the show much more enjoyable, but I am fighting some kind of yuckiness and did not go to the gym yesterday or today. And I can feel it too. Can't wait to see pictures, especially of KT on her birthday.
You sound so happy in this post! Yay!
Yes, pictures! I just realized that at least I'll be able to keep up with you in the future through your blog. Sniff.
Post a Comment