6. Try to keep in mind what sort of childhood you’re creating for your kids. Is it calm, pleasant, relaxed? Or is it stressful, rushed and upsetting? Make sure that they’re getting those doses of CPR (calm, pleasant and relaxed) every day. You want them to enjoy being in their home.
An excellent thing to strive for. I really HOPE my kids don't feel rushed, stressed, or upset when we're home!
We had a great weekend. Saturday AJ and I bought his school uniforms for Kindergarten. What fun (for me) to go to the uniform store and see all those different plaids lined up on the racks! (I kinda can't wait for KT to start school now! The boy uniforms are slightly boring in comparison!) Then we had lunch at McDonald's, and he played in the play area, climbing all the way to the very top-top of a big curvy slide (not usually his deal - he's often too afraid).
Sunday the DH overexerted himself doing yardwork (cutting down branches, yikes), and made me nervous, but thank God for him, once again. I am (sort-of) looking forward to a time when KT's a little older, and I can safely leave her playing to help him with that stuff again. And the kids and I fingerpainted, played outside, played inside, folded laundry, and ate popcorn for a snack.
Those are my favorite kinds of days.
1 comment:
Sounds like a great weekend.
Post a Comment