--------------
KT is learning words at amazing pace. I love the stage when Mama and Dada can bascially have a real conversation with a baby, but anyone looking in from the outside can't understand a word.
KT: Where's my paci, mama? (Ba-pah?)
el-e-e: It's right there, Baby, can you get it? GOOD!
KT: Guh!! Ba-pah!
KT: I'm hungry. Can I eat something? Like a big cup of milk? (Eeee? Bah-bah?)
el-e-e: Want your bottle? Okay.
KT: Awesome! I love that bottle, Mom! (Bah-bah! Bah-bah!)
you: How are you getting any of this?!
I'm loving the sign language, too. The other day she surprised me with "Please." They're learning these things in school, as well as us teaching her the basic ones at home. It's adorable. She puts her whole heart and soul into "More." She'll put down her sippy cup, carefully point her fingertips toward each other, and say, "I love these cookies! May I have another mouthful?" ("Moe?")
The other one she's learned well at school is "No." Or specifically, "No NO." Emphasis on the 2nd "no." She tells the dog "no" all the time, words and sign together. Yesterday I saw her looking at him disdainfully, wagging her arm up and down.
It is so cute. That's about all I've got for today!
2 comments:
Conversations with my 3-year old are sometimes only understood by me...which I love and hate at the same time. The other day at church, the nursery worker asked me if he came with subtitles!
Well, I'm glad you know what she's saying. I have yet to translate what Thomas says, whole sentences and paragraphs of "DI-DI-DI-DI-DI!" I have no idea. But don't you love the "more" sign? And "dog" is too funny - that was one of Thomas's first words so he watches Signing Time and says DOG very loudly and signs at the same time - for DOUBLE emphasis. In case we didn't know that he's obsessed with DOGS!
Post a Comment