Monday, June 1

In the cool of night

I have been going to the grocery store at night, after the kids' bedtime, for about a year now; it's become mostly the norm around here, the only good time to do it efficiently, without "helpers" and with time to think it through. Sometimes DH does it, which I also appreciate very much.

But for me, the best part is that on nights like tonight, when the sun goes down and allows cool night air to breeze into Georgia, I get a few quiet minutes in the car, with the windows down. I drive slowly. It's less than a mile to, and from, the store.

Cool night air, a little drive, alone. I am thankful for those minutes.

5 comments:

LL said...

That's nice. I also used to go to the grocery store at night in college and I really liked it - it was quiet and I could roam the aisles planning out my meals.

And I'm impressed you have the energy to do that at the end of the day! I'm sitting on the floor with my laptop in my lap right now and have been wanting a glass of water for the past half hour. I have yet to work up the momentum to go and walk the 10 yards to get it.

Mandy said...

that sounds nice, I hope you are listening to good music too!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that time too. I often find myself driving without the radio just for the peace & quiet of it.

Julie said...

It's those moments that keep me sane!

Christina Schmidt said...

I love doing this from time to time as well.

Happy Birthday!