- This morning AJ asked to wear his sweater to school because it was cold (55 degrees!) -- Fall, welcome back. I've missed you! I have nothing to wear.
- My uncle is in town on business and we had dinner with him at my cousin L. and her family's house Sunday night. He made me laugh so hard when we all started quoting his mother, my Granny. Sitting down at the table, L. said, "Well, haven't we got fun!" And after taking his first bite, Uncle A. busted out with, "L., this is really 'Iffa-fliff-igan!'" (translation: fantastic, terrific) -- I hadn't heard that one, well, since Granny was around to say it herself. There is nothing better than family memories and togetherness. Truly, nothing. Tra-la!
- We are selling magazine subscriptions like hotcakes over here. And of course I mean we, as in DH and myself, as the school-age child himself has done nothing but win prizes from our efforts. I can't wait until he's old enough to be apathetic about school fundraisers all on his own. (Psst, Wanna buy a magazine at 40 to 80% off?? CALL ME.)
- Sunday morning, my Darling Husband took charge and got out the ironing board, finishing a load of Wrinkled Items that have been hanging in our laundry room for weeks. I thank him profusely for this (but it is not the good part of the story). I asked him to leave the iron out because I needed to shorten some new pants of AJ's together with hem tape -- the only way to hem! I was busy doing that for about half an hour while he watched the football game and the kids scooted around underfoot, when I noticed someone tugging at my back. Hoping for some attention from Mama. No really, needing some attention. Come ON, Mama... All of a sudden... OW!! Did she just...? She... did!! KT bit me on the behind. BIT ME!! On the butt! And it hurt! I had a hard time telling her sternly that We Don't Bite, because I was giggling so hard!
a library of my thoughts on motherhood, family, working, and daily life. an attempt to know myself. (hello, self!).
Tuesday, September 29
Bullet points (the last one's the best)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's what you get for not responding quickly enough. ;-)
That's funny! And funny because I'm pretty sure Madison bit me on the leg last night while I was standing in the kitchen. It wasn't hard so I decided not to call attention to it. And right after that she did a running tackle of the three year old across the street. Took him down with her arms around his legs. Yikes.
LOL!!
Heh - it was 35 degrees here this morning and I had to gently suggest to my children that perhaps they should wear pants instead of shorts to school.
Post a Comment