I've decided that I'm never going to have a completely productive, satisfying day at this job. Just not gonna happen. (A coworker who's been here 5 years has confirmed this.) The days aren't terrible, but they're not AT ALL linear. There's not even a set way I can plan my time, say, to answer phone calls/emails in the morning, do my writing in the lunch hour, and update websites in the afternoons. So yesterday as I walked to the parking lot, I simply focused on the ONE thing I did get accomplished, and that was finishing one small story I was writing. Not the whole 2-page spread, just the one "mini" news item. And after doing that, mostly what I did was read new emails, add things to the list, get frustrated, shuffle papers around (to file or not to file?), and slowly lose the will to live.
(Maybe an exaggeration.)
Today I'm creating a new filing system right after my 9:30 phone call.
Thank goodness it's Friday, right??
1 comment:
I love it when you exaggerate. It make sme feel like we have som uch in common!
"..slowly lose my will to live..."so something I would say about something as mundane as doing the pepetually regenerative laundry.
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! Come Over, we'll make margaritas a nd bich about the workweek!
Post a Comment