All it took was a simple dinner at a simple restaurant in a strip mall. The anticipation all week helped, too; I was looking forward to it A LOT. Glass of wine, and linguini with pesto cream. Conversation. Met the manager. Paid our money. Walked down to Michael's, of all places, and bought new picture frames. Toys R Us was right there, too, so we went in to look at stuff FOR THE KIDS. We're pathetic, right? But shopping for them is typically 1 of 2 things: Rushed (lunch-hour) or Scattered (them clamoring for stuff). This was leisurely. A wonder. Got a Halloween costume EARLY, for once. (Hope he still wants to be Wolverine!) Then we made a conscious effort to switch OFF parental mode. Next stop, Bath and Body Works - just for fun. Tiny luxury. :) And topped off the night with a warm mocha at a small table at Starbucks. Laughed so hard I cried at one point, and was so happy to know that we still have that kind of good fun together, just talking. IT WAS PERFECT, I say.
Sunday's yoga event was also lovely. Truly lovely. I never take a full HOUR for yoga -- if I'm doing my worn out DVD I choose the 20-minute version. If I don't even bother with the DVD, I get distracted after about 10 minutes. So this was a treat. Also nice to share it with other women. Surprise! I've never thought I liked fitness classes. But in this case it was great to have other people there, at all levels of fitness, and to clap afterwards like we'd all accomplished something. Silly, it sounds now, but it was good. Being outdoors, in the cool grass with a breeze blowing, was good for the soul. I tried hard to soak that up as much as possible.
Early this morning the thought occured to me, "Wouldn't it be nice to teach yoga? The opposite of a stressful job!" I shook it off, telling myself how SILLY that is, me being a writer/marketing person/business-y person all my life. Not a hippie herbal-tea-drinking yogi. But maybe I do need to take a class again. I have already looked online for some yoga studios close to home.
3 comments:
Lovely.
Awesome. I was thinking about you this morning, hoping you had a nice weekend. I also went out with my DH over the weekend, and maybe for the first time ever, ordered a margarita. :)
What a lovely post, thanks for sharing your time out with us.
And shaking off the "teach yoga" idea might be your first reaction, but give it some thought. Sometimes your gut gives you ideas that you should pay some attention to.
Finally, "foofo" is my verification word.
Post a Comment