It's hard to write a blog post without whining about how busy I am, so that's why I've been keeping quiet. It's like, NO DUH, right? We're all busy to one extent or the other, that's what makes it A LIFE. I'm trying to remember that and be more grateful.
I just find that I'm having a hard time accepting that "busy" isn't going to change. This IS the status quo. Too many to-do's is just the right number, I guess. How come no one ever told me? I have a college degree and 12... no, 13 years of professional experience, and have been fully unprepared for this one bit of information. Unprepared for having 2 digital and 2 paper calendars that I can't seem to sync into one Master Calendar. Unprepared for squeezing in grocery-shopping (last week we made do with little more than some canned green beans and Totino's... oh, and a KFC night thrown in for variety).
But I said I wasn't going to talk about it. Ahem. Backup backup backup.
...um... what's up?
Last night I watched Desperate Housewives for the first time. I was previously unconvinced of its worth, and last night didn't exactly change my mind, except... well, there were these small moments of excellent acting. Teri Hatcher and Felictity Huffman both, at separate times, gave the exact, subtle look to go along with whatever line they'd just delivered, and I was sort-of blown away by those 2 looks. And I don't know anything about acting beyond "chorus enters stage left, in silent conversation" (watermelon, peanut butter, watermelon, peanut butter? Oh? Ah! Watermelon. Peanut butter).
So that's what I've got, other than busy. Television.
1 comment:
I love "watermelon. peanut butter." I've never heard that before!
Post a Comment