KT has dimples on the backs of both shoulders. They are adorable, and barely noticeable except in summer when she’s wearing sleeveless shirts. I want to remember those. I should take a picture.
(I don’t remember if AJ had any particular dimples. sad face)
KT also has one teeny, tiny freckle on her right hand. She LOVES that freckle. I, myself, have a whole armful of freckles, and so she has asked where hers are. I remember when she found this little itsy speck of a freckle during a bedtime story in the rocking chair, she was so happy. She sometimes forgets what it’s called, and tells me it’s her “sprinkle.”
It must be about time to remove the rails on her crib to make a toddler bed. At 2 and a half, most mornings she wakes up laying perpendicular, with her feet hanging out through the slats. Hee hee.
She asks for chocolate milk (warm) the minute she wakes up, and the minute she gets home from daycare. Sometimes forgets to HUG MAMA, so focused is she on that chocolate milk. Lately I’ve been using sugar-free chocolate syrup.
She eats more than Craisins and ketchup these days, but not much more. Hot dogs, French fries, cheese pizza (no pepperoni!), oatmeal, corn and yogurt are her favorites. And obviously ice cream and cookies. Did I ever tell you she opens her Oreos? She was never shown to do that – came up with it by INSTINCT – and she only eats what she calls the “cream.” She leaves the apple peels, but eats the ‘meat’ on apples. Still No on PBJ and mac-n-cheese. Both kids have been slow learners on those 2 favorites.
Dora is her favorite right now. Loves to read it and watch it on TV. (I hated Dora when AJ was a toddler, but have been surprisingly glad to have “Bate, bate, Choc-o-late!” back in our lives.) She received a big Dora story book earlier this summer, and it’s all she has wanted to read. I’m so sick of “Little Star” that I actually sort-of miss Elmo’s Get Up and Go Songs.
In TV-land, we had to correct a mistake we’d made in letting her brother (and therefore, her) watch iCarly. She spent a couple of weeks requesting it. “iCawly, Mommy? iCawly on?” Cute, but definitely inappropriate for a 2-year old. And a 6-year old. Parental controls to the rescue.
Some of her best words/phrases right now:
“Yes, I m’am.” Means “Yes, I am,” usually said in opposition to whatever I’m telling her. “KT, you are not looking at your toes, are you?” “YES, I M’AM.” (Oh, yes, she loves to inspect her toes for “dirt.” She will do this for 20 minutes at a time. Sometimes it’s handy – keeps her quiet! But it’s weird.)
“So much.” She misplaces this in sentences, like, “Mommy, I so much didn’t get Dora wet all day today.”
“M-M-Ms.” You know it’s a keeper when it changes the way your whole family refers to an object. M&Ms are now M-M-Ms at our house, just like “Loo-Loos” from AJ’s babyhood, and the nickname of our dog, from my cousin’s baby Anna.
“I’m leaving yooo...” When she wants me to go somewhere and I don’t immediately follow her. I think I accidentally taught her this one. Heh.
“Walkie-walkie.” I have to report on this for the baby book, although the phase has mostly passed. In June during our beach vacation, my Dad’s cousin Bill, a grandpa himself many times over, teased KT by pretending he had something in his pocket. He’d take his hand out to reveal...his “walkie-walkie.” By which means he’d “walk” his fingers over to tickle... and DELIGHT her. She adored the walkie-walkie, and therefore Bill, and the whole family picked it up. We still sometimes bring out our own walkie-walkies when we’re coaxing a smile out of her, and SHE likes to do it to us, too.
MY KID IS THE CUTEST ONE. ;)
4 comments:
LOVE these! Way to go on writing them down. I have a book for M with no pictures. Nothing but words. And not enough of those. But now that I think about it, just words are probably just right for me. Typical, anyway.
Wanted to say that it's funny to me that you think you are lacking for not having enough playdates for A.J. I'm pretty sure you do everything "Momma" right.
Oh she is adorable! Love that you shared this.
LCS is in a "myself" phase. How about KT?
Oh, Nicole, YES. The majority of the tantrums I get from her are because I was in a hurry and didn't let her do something herself. Flushing, opening the microwave, stirring the beloved choc. milk, taking off her shoes...
OMG, I do the "I'm leaving youuuuu..." too! Unfortunately, *I'm* still the one who has to say it all the time!
Right now my daughter calls cole slaw "cold sloth." LOL!
Post a Comment