To clarify: I am not feeling especially stressed this week. But I find it funny that when I clock in at work, especially on Mondays, it takes a long while before I transition the mind from home-manager to work-manager. If it ever transitions at all.
We turned the heat on last night. Yay! Fall! However, my eyes are suffering the effects of the dry air being pumped in (even though they were closed the majority of the time it was on). They don't want to be open AT ALL this morning. My babies were sleepy, too -- our T-ball game lasted longer than we thought it would, and then a lot of us gathered at the Dairy Queen for ice cream slash dinner. It was such fun -- all the kids, including little KT, the only girl among those big, rowdy boys, gathered in one big circular booth. Us parents hovered in booths nearby. There was talk about our end-of-season party (hooray, it's almost end-of-season!). There were Dilly Bars! (KT ate nothing but sugar last night. Some applesauce, Skittles at the game -- I was the Mom corrupting all the other toddler siblings, and I could feel the dirty looks coming my way, as other kids whined that they wanted some Skittles toooooo! WHOOPS -- ketchup, and ice cream.) I think it was a memory-making moment for the kids. :) And well worth it.
But we got home late. I told DH we would have broccoli smoothies for dinner tonight, by gosh, and the kids will be in bed early. And on we go.... !
1. cool weather, enough for a jacket
2. small pleasures, like Skittles :)
3. AJ played so well - it's fun to be proud of your kid working hard
4. a warm home and bed to go to sleep in
5. a job to come to in the morning.
4 comments:
Commenting here on two posts:
We have a doubleheader for softball tonight, so won't be home until 8:30 at the earliest. I could stay home with littles or take two cars and come home early, but I like the family to be together as much as possible. We're having hot dogs for dinner, which we will eat at 4:45, which means I'll eat some kind of junk when we get home because I'll be hungry again.
October is busy for us too, but a good kind of busy. I am loving the gorgeous weather and somehow it eases the stress of the busy-ness.
Love the gratitude lists.
I think you're right, nicole, the weather makes everything more bearable for sure. :) Good luck tonight! Hope your kids hit the sweet spot!
We only took one car and Husband had to bring us home before the first game was even halfway done. LCS fell in mud and was miserable. And I ate cheese and crackers while watching Biggest Loser. So the evening ended up not going well, but we tried and I suppose that is all we can do.
I love this. I have so had that night where I'm like "NOTHING BUT VEGGIES FOR A WEEK!" but you're right... it's such a memory-maker for the kids.
It sounds like so much fun! Makes me exciting for the coming years with big kids. :)
Post a Comment