We didn't make it to the apple orchard; our friend who planned the outing got sick and bailed. It was too hot, anyway -- not very fall-like -- and I found out later that our neighbors went apple picking the same day... so then I was glad. I would not really have wanted to run into them. Shame on me, but we see them nearly every day.
We're in another night-waking phase with KT. I'm sure it's teeth. It's always teeth. And I have seen some little molars in the back of her mouth, poor thing. She wakes up and wants to come into our bed. Uh... no. Sorry. Co-sleeping doesn't work for us. For one thing, we have a queen-sized mattress. We've brought her in a couple of times and it has usually been a mistake. (Despite that one tender moment when she patted my cheek.) So we cover her back up, doze in her rocking chair for a few minutes, leave her door open as requested, and cross our fingers on the way back to bed. I've never had trouble falling back to sleep after these episodes, until now. It's at least half an hour these days. And last night, I had some song in my head -- one of the kids' songs -- and THAT was annoying. And then I had the weirdest dreams about random people from my high school years. (Some of whom I couldn't find on Facebook this morning -- because of course, after dreaming about them, I had to look! Who isn't on FB?? ComeON.)
South Beach Diet didn't really take. A person can only go so long without a carb at breakfast -- and I'm not talking about a whole-grain healthy starch. I'm talking about a CARB. A delicious, white-bread fattening carb, preferrably with some cheese and bacon or butter and jelly. Mmmmm. I'm still going to TRY -- Canadian bacon with lo-fat cheese and V8 this morning, but I'm extremely bored with it. NOT to mention, it's about to be Gumbo season (serve over rice). I'm ready to pick a weekend to make a big pot of it.
Of course, THAT won't take with the kids. How do you get little kids to like Gumbo? It has okra and is spicy; I'm sure it'll be a no-go. But somehow all of us kids with Cajun heritage learn to love it... Maybe get them interested in the fun of dipping French bread in the broth? Hrm. A challenge for me in the years to come.
1. excited to be on the 1st grade Halloween party committee
2. Godiva coffee
3. time to plan holiday vacation days!
4. happy to continually be carried through these days
5. grateful for my loving, little kisses marriage
2 comments:
We love gumbo too and of course the kids won't touch it. Sigh. Same with chili. I've tried letting them stir in their own "fixins", and they love that, but...then they still don't eat it. BAH.
i've tried the SB diet multiple times, and... yeah, no. i can't go that long without carbs either. (and by "that long" i apparently mean "one day.")
Post a Comment