Well, it definitely does stink to be at the office today, the official first day of the schools' Christmas vacation, but on the other hand, it's predictably quiet; I've had my one necessary phone call of the day (a Skype call, actually, with a delightful British guy who's doing some work for us); I have set tasks that aren't very difficult but will keep me busy; and I'm even feeling good about having to be here next week, the 30th and 31st, for the same reasons.
Unfortunately, all that is being threatened every hour or so because I'm feeling ill. It started last Tuesday night with a sore throat, then got better, then came back, then yesterday after what I thought was my last Christmas shopping trip, in the pouring rain, I came home exhausted. It was a short outing -- didn't merit that kind of tiredness. And then I slept VERY fitfully during the night, and I knew I was feverish because I kept having the same thoughts/dreams over and over, even though I didn't want them, and a single song was constantly in my head. That always happens to me when I'm feverish at night. Ugh. It was awful.
The doctor can't see me until tomorrow. I know I need to go because Shawn had walking pneumonia last week. (Oh, hi, Mom and Dad! Can't wait to see you!! I promise to Lysol everything.)
I just came back from Target, where I got a few things that still needed getting, and I feel good about that. The lines weren't too long although there were a lot of people in the store.
I haven't eaten anything but chocolate today. Perhaps I should.
Not feeling overly Christmas-y at this moment in time, but I hope that after 5:00 pm, I will.
1 comment:
Ugh! Hope you got well and had a great Christmas. I've been sickly, too, but not too bad. No fever. That's the worst. Happy New Year, my friend!
Post a Comment