Monday, February 22

Monday in the gratitude notebook

> Was so grateful for some space to breathe this weekend. Easy errands, time to "stop by" a store to get a few things just because I happened to be nearby, and by myself. Time alone to watch a movie Saturday night while Kate and Shawn were at their Father-Daughter dance, and Alex was occupied with Brandon. A leisurely brunch together on Sunday, extra time in the afternoon to meet up with the Girl Scout leader to correct a cookie mix-up... it was so relaxing, even though things got done.

> An auspicious start this morning. Alex's juice exploded all over him! But we were fine -- Kate had had a good morning (slow, but not whiny), so we were in a capable frame of mind and got it cleaned up, he got changed, he had another clean uniform available, I used Spray and Wash to soak it all day, and I still got to work well before anyone else.

> Cookies are all delivered! (On to Round 2...)

> Finally, I figured out what I can "give up for Lent" that's both spiritually enriching and physically challenging. (I know it isn't required, but you know, it's habit. Plus if the kids ask me I need to have an answer for them, especially if I'm going to be so bold as to remind them of what they've given up!) No second helpings at meals. One plate is enough. Think of those who are happy to just have one serving of food. Maybe donate to Food for the Poor.

> Loved last night that the new tune for "Lamb of God" was stuck in both Kate's and my heads. She sang it in her shower. A prayer - like it was being said FOR us, and despite us -- poured into us, over and over. (Last night we didn't have any fussing, so it was as if the prayer had already worked.) Have mercy on us. Grant us peace.


Addendum: Trying like heck to remain open and focused this Monday morning at work. I give myself a little slack - Mondays are hard. A few difficult emails and conversations have already happened, but it's okay. Step back, make a list, do good work. Do not worry over the insignificant details.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

The prayer being poured -- that makes me teary.