Wednesday, August 31

I'm So Over These Words

If I never hear the words...
  • content marketing
  • promotion
  • increase our database
  • align our promotions
  • markdown
  • infographic
  • push-to-pull strategy
  • media guide
  • editorial calendar
  • brand strategy
  • reach
  • measurement/statistics
  • analytics
  • digital marketing
  • integrated strategy
  • social advertising
  • budget
  • merchandising
  • thought-leaders
  • influencer marketing
  • growth
...again, it would BE TOO SOON.

I wish one of these days I could get myself a job that has nothing to do with those things. Something like:
  • Ticket-taker/docent at a museum or botanical garden
  • Cashier at Natural Body (a local massage/spa store)
  • After School Supervisor
  • Education Coordinator/Assistant at a church
  • Registration Coordinator at a retreat center
  • Mobile plant tender!!
  • Volunteer coordinator for a non-profit
These are jobs that I think would not make my head hurt. I'm looking over at the green, green grass and knowing it isn't so green after you get there, but still wishing, at least for today. Too many dumb words that I've come to hate in my current job.

2 comments:

ya-ya ma said...

Some of those words/phrases are really awful. Eye roll. I, too, hate jargon.

Wouldn't it be lovely if you could have one of those other jobs you mentioned? Life should be comfortable, not angst-inducing.

Sherry said...

Hilarious and also painful.