Her birthday's in 2 weeks! But no worries, Shawn got most of the room taped off yesterday, amazingly. More impressive, Kate did all the packing up of existing furniture herself -- books off all bookshelves, dresser swiped bare, cabinets cleared, everything in plastic bins -- so that when it's time to move those pieces around, we can do it. I was so proud of her for doing that, and she only once asked me to help her. I brought her a garbage bag and left her to it! Our girl is GROWING UP.
I remember when my friend Ashley's daughter turned 10, and they redecorated her bedroom to be less pink and princess-y, and more Pottery Barn Pre-teen. I'm excited that we're doing the same for Kate. She wants three walls to be a lovely teal, and one accent wall to be a lavender, I think. I hope it turns out lovely. (I'm unsure about the accent wall, to be honest, but I'm letting her decide.)
I know it's going to make me/us want to do MORE painting, which is good. We promised ourselves we would not wait until the 12th year, like we did in our last house, before making it the way we want it! (Or even before doing any touch-up paint.) Of course, in our last house we were raising babies and toddlers, and time/motivation was much more difficult to come by.
I was just sure we wouldn't have time THIS weekend, actually. We had so much going on. Basketball, drama, a classmate's birthday party thrown in for good measure, and the usual groceries/laundry/cleaning. But we -- SHAWN, all Shawn -- got it done. Thank you, DH, for being awesome and making our young lady very happy. :)
2 comments:
Madison's room is VERY pink. She is ready to change it. I'm going for this summer!
So proud of Kate for packing up all her stuff so you can proceed with the redecorating!! Growing up for sure! xoxoxo
Post a Comment