Monday, July 24

Items 1, 2, and 3

Bullet-point post!
  • Home decor's on my mind. I'm supposed to call it "homecaring," to render it less daunting and more like an Act of Love, says [my self-appointed therapist] Sarah B. Breathnach. Some are genius at it; my friend Pam adds all the right personal touches, and rearranges every few months so her house always looks fresh to my eyes. I wish I could do that. Saturday I tried moving my stuff around -- replacing old pictures, putting things away that had been sitting in the same spot for years -- and things do look slightly renewed.... but I'm not completely at ease just yet. I think it's funny when your inner Creative gets shaken up, somehow, and things look different to you. I mean, Friday I looked at my mantle and thought nothing. Saturday? It made me MAD that it was so boring and stupid. Ha! Also: Feng Shui says if you move 27 things, your fortunes will change. I counted, and that's about how many I moved, so Vegas, here we come!
  • AJ has a new friend. There once was a giant yellow Care Bear. A "cuddle pillow," specifically. We received it at one of the baby showers, and until recently, it was contained in its plastic bag, buried in AJ's closet under all kinds of hand-me-down clothes I hadn't sorted yet. I hated that thing, frankly. But we're in the season of Organize at our house -- possibly spurring the decor thing -- so I broke down and unwrapped it.... aaaaand he LOVES it. He slept OVER it last night, his head and feet about 3 inches lower than his middle, because it's so dang big. I'm glad on the one hand -- his pacifier is going to go away forever here, soon, and it's good to have a replacement soothie. But Funshine Bear is not going to be so easy to take, say, on a plane or into the grocery store. Yikes.
  • Charlotte's Web (the TV movie) is still as sweet and good as it was in 1973 -- gasp! I know right?! That is OLD. And so are we! -- and now Debbie Reynolds sings to me, every day, "Chin UP!" It's good advice and I appreciate her for it. It's also AJ's favorite part of the movie. He marches around and sings "Tee! Up!" at random moments throughout the day. I mean, could he BE any cuter??

No comments: