a whole bunch of somethings, really
I have found a new little avatar image that I love. Isn't she precious, over there in the sidebar? So twinkly!
---
I *nearly* forgot the Emmys last night, which I missed last year. Sooo glad the husband turned on TV and spotted the 6-hour Red Carpet nonsense, which reminded me! I was originally going to post that Scrubs got robbed. But now that I think about it, this was not Scrubs' funniest season. Actually The Office's comedy had me ROFLMAO much more often than Zach Braff and the gang, although I do still harbor deep love for Zach, especially since Garden State. (There, I've said it!) Steve Carrell is just FUNNY. That show. *Shakes head.* It's just out of hand. :) I thought the Emmys show was hay-larious, especially the Bob Newhart bit. And how 'bout the fact that BARRY MANILOW not only performed, but WON AN EMMY! I missed his speech because of a phone call! How sad for me! Somehow, we didn't rewind to see it. ?@! But anyway, those moments alone (and sweet Dick Clark's appearance) earn it an A+ in my book. The fashion? Impressive. Blythe Danner? One of my favorite actresses, but is it me, or was she extra-flighty? Calista Flockhart's coming back to TV! High-five, Jeremy Piven won!! Alan Alda!! Amazing Race! Grey's Anatomy did NOT win (secret yay). Lots of favorites from "Gosford Park" won, evoking memories of that great flick (Kelly MacDonald and gorgeous Helen Mirren.) I could've done without Farrah Fawcett and her blank stare, but in all, Hooray, awards shows. They make me happy.
---
My son -- just 2 years and one month old -- can SING THE ABCs song! My word, I am so excited by this! We heard it the first time as he talked himself to sleep -- so this was over the monitor. I was actually half-asleep, myself, on the sofa (pathetic), but finally my mind registered as he was singing, "...neh, 'ime, 'on't, oooh, ling ah meeeeeeeee..." He does it that way, with commas between each word. He can sing practically the whole thing. Misses a few between L and P (who doesn't?) and he always forgets "T-U-V." But he's singing! The ABCs! Guess we really DO have to scrape together money for college, wow. This is big. Call me, I'll make him perform for you. He's also discovered the personal pronoun, "me." So with that and the ABCs, I guess soon he'll be blogging. HA!
---
I have found that one of the tough little things about deaths is having to revise my Palm Pilot and my cell phone. One of the first things my dad did, at Grandmother's house, was to cancel her phone line -- smart thinking, since BellSouth has perfected the phone bill hike with all its invented "fees" and "services." But Grandmother was at the top of my speed dial list until Friday. Fact is, there's no phone there, but the finality of it ached a little. And I've always had DH's grandparents listed under Grandad's first name. It's little things that get to you.
---
Our weekend was so nice. We just stayed home and did practically nothing. (I cleaned the oven and hellO??? Easy Off? My New Best Friend. Though 20 years old and down one stovetop burner, my JennAir is sparkling!) Sunday afternoon we took AJ and got "moo-ees." (Smoothies.) He was in heaven because his was red.
3 comments:
Excellent. Good to read a peaceful blog. I did a lot of chillin' this weekend, too. Chillin' and worryin'. Worryin' that it's too early to get excited. I need to get spiritual about all this and put it in God's hands. And I need to email our dear ex-coworker who reads this blog.
Yes, you do! (Email, I mean!)
I love the avatar and I enjoyed this year's Emmy's a lot more than last year's-if that makes you feel better. As a "Music Man" fan, I loved Conan's opening "song" and I'm not even one of his biggest fans.
Post a Comment