Monday, August 14

WAIT! Back up!

I couldn't get my head around what date it was, all last week. I guess that's what happens when you go from a jovial vacation straight to a funeral, all in one trip. But the days I was back in the office, even -- I had to keep looking at the calendar and asking myself, "Wait, how far off schedule are we? What day IS it, anyway?" There was something, too, that I knew was supposed to happen... August 11, maybe? No, nothing in my datebook... what the heck is it? It was like misplacing your sunglasses. You're not desperate for them, but damn if it wouldn't be nice to have 'em back.

I realized last night, 10:26pm, after being in that drowsy, almost-asleep state for about 5 minutes.

I forgot larry's birthday, August 9th. :( :( :( So many sad faces! My very best friend, I'm so sorry! I know you'll forgive me and say "You had a lot going on," but still. An event I've been marking for at least 17 years now, completely vanished from the calendar? It doesn't feel right. I will be calling you today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

17 years?????? HOW old are we again????

el-e-e said...

Well, right? If I've celebrated your b'day every year since we turned... 15? I know, dude.