
This is so getting framed. ^

I do have a question, though. Goes something like this: How much art could a mommy chuck if a good mommy [feels guilt about] could chuck art? You may have heard it before.
Seriously, folks. We fingerpainted on Saturday in the shady driveway, and it was mind-blowingly fun for AJ... to squirt the paint, more than to actually create Art, but still... I ended up with 12 or 13 suitable-for-framing originals. Not to mention, the daycare had sent several days' worth of art projects home with us on Friday. He's been in daycare since he was 12 weeks old, you understand. And sometimes I think the infant teachers got bored, so... 'let's put the kids' feet in paint! Yeah!' We are swimming in it. And it's all so precious! But it's also cluttering up the place.
I hate to say it, but I've got to stash some of this. Possibly in the garbage can. I had once thought I'd buy one of those big scrapbooks and save everything there, acid-free, to be enjoyed by one and all for millennia to come. Then I thought, "Scrapbooks are twenty dollars," and I walked on to Target's next aisle. But I'm reconsidering.
Because when AJ becomes a famous architect, this stuff might come in handy for A&E Biography. All I'm sayin'.
3 comments:
Granted, I am probably the wrong girl to answer this...however, I think the ones you save will be plenty for A&E. Just pick a number that you are willing to save each month. Keep all of mini-Picasso's work in a basket and then at the end of the month pick out that number (or possibly less if his work is sub-par that month, ha-ha). YOu can always frame the unbelievable stand-outs and than the rest can go in a box of some sort. I have a medium-sized rubbermaid in the top of my closet for each kiddo labeled Connor's Memories...
Just an idea. To tell you the truth, I have since pitched even some of the stuff that i used to think was savable. I probably four or five total (each) from J and C's pre-school days.
Good luck!
Oh, one more thing! It is always cool to have a picture of them creating some of the actual art you save and then frame the two together...Especially for things like hand/foot prints. Besides, A&E wil LOVE that!
I read somewhere that you should save maybe one thing from every month when they are really little, less once they get older. Otherwise, you will drown. I know how you feel though - Mia is barely touching crayon to paper, and I think every one is too precious to ever part with.
Post a Comment