Tuesday, August 22

Season finales can be good...

Right this very minute, I'm watching Bravo TV's latest -- I call it their 2nd Lesbian Experiment. The first one was Queer Eye for the Straight Girl. Remember that? It wasn't their biggest hit. The Lesbian makeup artist just wasn't as charming as any of the original Fab Five guys. And this show... worse than not-charming. It's totally squicking me out. NOT because it's got lesbian kissing or anything Else -- I'm just as curious as anyone to see lesbian kissing, so bring it on... and the camera-person did not follow main character Jackie and her date into the Ladies' room just now to capture the Else -- but just because Jackie has got such a chip on her shoulder and she's so fake as a person! She adds a "Honey" at the end of her "Nice to meet yous," but she pauses just long enough to make you think she barely remembered, "Oh, I have to say Honey." Ew. Squick. Hello, I'm Camera-Aware and Trying Too Hard.

And yet. I'm sitting here watching it. I might just get teary about Tess, of the weight-loss-success storyline. (I can't wait to see the break-up/cat-fight!) Wonder if Bravo's renewing for next summer?

No comments: