Monday, March 12

We went for donuts on Saturday morning

I didn't get online all weekend, and I am not sorry about that. We had the best weekend, just being a family (and me, being a girl -- I went to a bridal shower and drank real wine, and ate cheese straws!) But Dooods! I won a prize from the Ultimate Blog Party; how awesome is that? A very fashionable wavy scarf, and I can't wait to get my little hands on it. Thanks, Stephanie!

I really enjoyed making so many new blog friends. I think the rule is I'm supposed to post about some of them as a wrap-up, so I will work on that. Today, though, there's a lot on my to-do list. Work-wise, as well as home-wise.

We bought curtains this weekend for our living room. SO EXCITING. Something lit a fire under Hubby's tail, because he claimed the "curtains" assignment long ago and then promptly did nothing about it. For 5 years. This weekend he was on a rampage, though. He also cleared out our TV entertainment center/shelf-thingy, bought coordinating new storage baskets for it, and began the daunting task of filing all our 1200+ CDs (heretofore displayed, all bachelor-like) in binders. Such big projects!

So today I need to put the curtains in the dryer (ironing!), Swiffer-dust the new shelves, help with some filing (tonight), and, oh yeah, 1 load laundry + empty the dishwasher. These in addition to the work to-dos, which are plentiful. Some letterhead template coding, some project managing... fun, fun stuff.

Y'all, the weather: Gorgeous. We got tons of Vitamin D yesterday, picking up sycamore balls and putting them in our buckets. (Easy way to get AJ to help with yardwork? Told him with big eyes it was practice for Easter! He would have done it all day long.) The Daylight Savings thing? Was great yesterday -- we burned dinner off by playing soccer in the driveway 'til 8:00. But then of course I couldn't get sleepy 'til 11:30 pee-em, and I'm feeling it now. BTW I TOTALLY flubbed up the Mass on Saturday night, cantoring. The accompanist and I were not together, some itinerant saliva (tmi) made me choke DURING a song, the priest had to turn his mic back on, to right a song which we were doing too fast (he's a wanna-be cantor)... GAH. Makes me want to crawl under the table to think about it. At least I think I was in good voice, but the rhythm screw-ups (and choking) were less than professional. DH said "Hey, sometimes our goalie lets 8 get by him. Ya just have to go out there next time and show 'em." So sweet. Also BTW, I've hurt my knee. Turned it funny, or something. Stoopid aging process. Stoopid 32.

Other than that!! Perfect weekend. Hope yours was, too.

3 comments:

nicole said...

I hope you get your curtains up in a timely manner. We spent one afternoon driving to three different stores (same store, different locations) to get enough panels for our windows. That was two years ago, the curtains still sit in a closet, and now I want different ones! So hang those curtains now, so you don't want new ones before they get on the wall!

el-e-e said...

Oh, my. That sounds like something we would do. Thx for the tip!!

Anonymous said...

Hurray for beautiful weather, and weekends that combine to-dos with fun!