Friday, June 8

Friday Thanks

My sister has taken up this project in my forgetfulness, and reminded me to do it. It's so good to be grateful.
  • For music. This week I have rediscovered my iPod and listened to something other than Cookie Monster: Bruce Hornsby, Keane, Coldplay, Angie Aparo... the world is too full of depressing, complicated news and listening to that all day, every day (well, all-commute anyway) is NOT necessarily good for the soul. Rocking out, on the other hand, IS. :)
  • For birthday cashola. I now have the means and the motivation to go out and buy some new, fun clothes that I've been wanting since forever. All for me.
  • For an IDEA for Father's Day! Part of husband's surprise has already been put in place, and the other part will be executed shortly. Wheeee! (I never seem to have good gift ideas so I'm extra excited about this. Can't tell you now, though: Hubby reads the blog!)
  • For long waiting times. Sometimes it's very good to have to wait, and I feel like I've been in a 'holding pattern' for change in my daily round, for a very long time. I rarely talk about it in explicit terms here, but I hint at it obsessively. I am working on a post that gets it all out on paper. There's no absolute conclusion in sight, but it's coming into focus I think, and to quote something I read yesterday, "I see a refining that God is working in me and until He is finished I am not going to see the end result." I really like that thought.
  • For weekends. Sometimes DH and I lament that at age 2.5, AJ is already conscious of the fact that Friday is cooler than Monday. He counts down the days 'til the weekend, just like we do. I guess it's something that's always been part of our family, though: when DH and I were dating, we definitely counted down 'til Fridays-at-5, when we could be together again to relax and play and just feel the rotation of the Earth around its axis.

My brother-in-law and his girlfriend are coming to visit for the weekend, so I'm trying to think of interesting places to take them. I've proposed Pizza on the square downtown, and some time at the kiddie park there, too, if it isn't too hot. What're you doing this weekend?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, the park at the Big Granite Rock is very fun. Good restaurants, train ride, cable ride, kids' playhouse, etc. That might be a bit far for you...

el-e-e said...

I love St. Mt. but it is quite a hike. We're right by Kennesaw Mt, actually. Not so many fun kid things, but good hiking... :)

ThatGreenyFlower said...

I intend to spend the weekend poking tylenol down my boys' throats and trying, yet again, to power-wash the %#@* deck. Joy.

...Oh, and I have a talk to put together. Can't forget about that.

Gina said...

That is so cool that he looks forward to the weekends already. You'd think it wouldn't matter since every day is a party for little kids. But the extra time with ma and pa is always nice, and they know that difference.

Hope you had a great weekend with your friends. I went to IKEA for the first time and went a little crazy! It was so fun!