Monday, July 2

I really thought I'd be liveblogging the beach.

I guess I disappeared there, for my vacation week, lost to the blogosphere and to work and email. I fully intended to use my laptop while we were in Florida but I just never could bring myself to pull it out of my briefcase. In fact, even looking sideways at my briefcase last week made me shiver and involuntarily turn the other way, so I couldn't have kept up with the blogs even if I'd had anything to say.

The week was nice; it was beach week. There was some of the usual drama (hey, you take 30 of your nearest and dearest relatives to one resort complex and see what happens), not to mention AJ's own drama -- the kid wouldn't go NEAR the sand or the big, bad ocean, and whined about just nearly everything else -- and I'll tell you: mentally? Not so much a vacation.

Then I come back to a disshelved workplace -- some extra drama there, too, while I was gone -- and it pretty much shoots my mood right to hell. Far, far away from here isn't far enough. :( Boo.

I should be grateful that I had a vacation at all, and I am. But the first day back? Ouch. Sorry if I'm not much for chatting. And I'd really like to spend all day catching up on your blog, but instead I have a buttload of work to do.

I'm going to go Sigh several times now.

No comments: