Monday, August 6

It's fuzzy, but it's still an award!


I am so honored that my friend at 4andcounting passed this lovely award to ME! Li'l ol' me! Thanks so much. (She said I was funny! Hee!) I'm anxious to go visit her other 4 nominees, as well. I like reflecting. In fact, I wish my blog included more of that but it seems the daily stuff is easier to write when you're in a dash, like I usually am.

Like any good blog award, the rules state I am to bestow this gift on 5 more bloggers who are reflective. Or, who make me reflect. Something like that. Happy to! Here they are, in no particular order.

Indigo Girl is a longtime read of mine, and I still love her style. Now SHE can take the "daily stuff" and really make it shine, somehow. I wish I were as good as that, but I think what makes hers good is that it's so perfectly clear and honest. There's nothing fabricated, it doesn't even read like it's "composed;" she just writes what's on her mind. Her third baby is due soon now and I can't wait! She's going to have 2 wonderful little assistants to get her through it. :)

Et-tu, Jen, is becoming one of my daily reads because her perspective as a very new Christian (and former atheist) is quite interesting. Also, I like that she's a regular person who admits her imperfections and laughs about her struggles. If you want a good theology post, read through Jen's archives. She's awesome.

I've always liked poetry, and Sunday School Rebel writes prose the way I like to read poetry. Oh, she writes actual poetry, too, if you're into that. I could read her all day. These days she's reflecting on mothering baby Thomas, who's most assuredly a Keeper.

I'm liking Mighty Maggie lately, too. I found her through Arwen, who deserves a spot on this list, too. Maggie's a new-ish mommy to the adorable Jack, and her Catholic sensibilities are much like mine, I think. I loved the other day, she was talking about indulgences, and quoted her mom as saying the Church takes away all the "funny stuff." Hee. Healthy respect for Tradition, plus a sense of humor: those are the keys to understanding one's own cradle-Catholicism, I think.

If I were a teacher (perish the thought), I would want to be just like Some Pig. She is charming and funny, and uber-smart. And naturally she doesn't take any crap from students. Her song-title posts have been brilliant lately! How does one keep coming up with such cleverness? Me likey. You win.

happy reading! (More on our trip to the Hubby's high school reunion later!) *Dash*

3 comments:

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

Wow, thanks!!

Sam said...

This is so sweet of you - and I haven't gotten a chance to say EEEK! So excited for your baby news!!

Caroline said...

Wow! That made my day!!