Friday, August 3

Telling

Something about this 2nd pregnancy has me all juiced up to tell perfect strangers The News. I was in Talbot's the other day, buying what was left useful to me there -- one very wide-bottomed linen tank and one long summer sweater with cap sleeves that I adore -- and upon checkout I just HAD to say that I really loved their pretty fall dresses, and was so sad I couldn't buy one... *low tone:* Since I'm about 12 weeks pregnant...*pretty smile* Of course, you know the ladies who work at Talbot's. She was very congratulatory in a non-emotional, It's A Classic kind of way.

Then when I got my haircut Monday at Great Clips -- desperate as I was, with DH's 20-year high school reunion this weekend and all, and not wanting to look shaggy -- I told the perfect stranger of a "stylist." Because that's just the kind of thing you discuss with your stylist. Juicy, interesting personal news, you know?

So it bugs me that I'm stymied every time I think it's time to tell my manager. Who I talk to every day. Ridiculous.

2 comments:

nicole said...

You are funny. When I was first engaged I had a hard time saying fiance. I would just always say boyfriend and people would look at my ring and then at me and think I was crazy.

I gave you an award! Stop by and see!

Swistle said...

I found it way easier to tell the deli clerk than to tell my parents.