Friday, February 1

Admittedly

Alright, maaayyyybeeee I got a little overheated about yesterday's doctor's appointment. Maybe. I sat still as much as I could last night (hoooooray for LOST's return to the TV screen! 2 hours of mind-boggling entertainment) and never had any regular contractions, and usually they were at least a half-hour apart. So. But DOODS! Here I was thinking, "Oh, I still have at least 3 weekends to finish all these Major Preparations, la la la..." and the idea that maybe I don't just freeeeeaked me out a bit.

So I made two casseroles last night for dinner instead of one (freezer-time!) made hubby get the infant carseat out of storage, and made that trip to Babies R Us for a few last-minute items. I sort-of hate that Baby's room is just not quite finished yet (bare walls! no toys cleverly placed to appear as "decor!") but I suppose second kids just get the shaft and she may as well get used to it. Fewer photos, half-assed baby book, boring nursery. Not to mention she won't be living in there the first few weeks anyway. Blah. Stop worrying, self. Settle. Down.

But thanks for all your supportive comments. This little adventure is about to begin!

Here's my question to you: for your warehouse membership needs, Costco or Sam's? Both are equidistant from my house and I'm remembering how much I love their ha-yooge boxes of diapers. The land of plenty! C'mon, admit it -- you shop there too. To which should I become a loyal subscriber, do you think?

And seriously, Lost, y'all. Does Matthew Fox look even better this year or is it just me? The flash-forward scenes where he's all dressed in a business suit... SIGH. Very pretty. ;)

Edited to add: Hey, someone started it in comments: Let's have a Guessing Game! Closest to the actual due date WINS! (my love and affection)

17 comments:

MaryB said...

1 - have never been able to get into Lost. Maybe this is due to the fact that it highlights my bekief that nothing good comes from air travel. Oh, but a friend of mine has a very interesting theory of what the real story is...has s spiritual twist with a touch of do-over.....

2- Costco.

3 - Cant wait for baby girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaryB said...

Is hubs worried that baby girl might interrupt his Superbowl????

Anonymous said...

We've belonged to both and I prefer Costco. For us, the store is cleaner, there is better selection and they have better clothing choices.

Wasn't Lost fabulous? & you're right, Matthew Fox looks even better this year. I'm so sad there are only what, 7 eps left now? Sigh.

Tess said...

I just went through this Sams/Costco thing too. We've belonged to Sam's but this year I switched to Costco. Honestly, I didn't notice a HUGE difference, but it probably depends on what you mostly shop for. I noticed diapers were about that same price but other things seemed more expensive at Costco. But Costco also seemed to have a lot more premade or easy meal options of high quality, if you are into that sort of thing (I AM).

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

I don't have a Sam's near me, but I do have a Costco and a BJ's. I love costco for everything else, but I would go to BJ's for diapers. Costco (on the east coast, anyway) only carries Huggies and their store brand diapers, and I was a Pampers Cruisers mom. So I bought those at BJ's.

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I don't watch Lost, so I can't say. And it's been so long that I've been to either Costco or Sam's... I'm no help.

But I am excited about the big change in your life -- and a beautiful picture of BABY GIRL!! Woo hoo!

nicole said...

We are Sam's shoppers, but that is the closest warehouse to us. There is a Costco about five miles farther, but that is enough to make it not worth the effort. Also a Sam's is scheduled to be built in our town sometime in the next year, so convenience wins.

Our baby does not even get a nursery. He/she will sleep in the pack n' play in my room for a few months and then be moved to whichever room is appropriate. 5 kids in a 3-bedroom house is cozy.

Mandy said...

We have Costco ... as others have stated its cleaner, etc .. also, you're a Target girl (like me!!) and Costco is often describe as the Target version of Sam's Club (if that made sense).

baby books??? dont know where Collin's is .. and I kind of regret not beign up on filling it out!!

good luck getting things done and if we make a trip to the ATL we must get together!!

love ya

Anonymous said...

My guess is Feb. 12 for baby girl to arrive. I know nothing about centimeters and contractions, so it's a very uneducated guess.

Second kids don't have it so bad.

Boooooo on Lost. Is it ever going to end?

Enjoy the next few days/weeks of anticipation! Exciting!!

MaryB said...

2/8/08

Anonymous said...

*taking fingers out of my ears* HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET! Sigh. Does it make the writer's strike less painful? *sticking fingers back in ears*

Lauren said...

Oh BABY!!!

I missed your last post but hooray for getting there! My estimate is Feb. 14th..for a very happy valentines day.

We only have a Sam's around here...so it gets my vote..

Mandy said...

I forgot to guess the date:

I will go with Mardi Gras Feb 5th since its part of our heritage .. but I know that is sooner then you would like .. you can always hold out for a leap yer baby .. but I am sure you've had this discussion somewhere along the way!

Pann said...

Costco is way better!

Anonymous said...

I so love LOST too. You gotta go to the site flyoceanicair.com and then to find815.com and look for the clues. So much fun for us Losties.

My guess is 2/9/08.

Black Sheeped said...

I'm guessing February 4th, completely because I like the number four.

So exciting!

Anonymous said...

my guess 2/11/08
good luck!