The first few days are obviously about surviving -- in our case so far, they are about cold cereal breakfasts and afternoon talk shows. Supply and demand in the feeding department, of course (going okay so far, and I'm proud of myself for powering through some of what I know must be just early pain that WILL go away -- I'm like a marathoner, wooooo! push through that next mile), and keeping things like the spilled sugar on the kitchen countertop out of my mind.
She checked out fine at the first peds appointment. Had to get rechecked for bilirubin levels and ever-so-slight jaundice, but all came back normal.
My husband is a dream come true. He is overcome with love for his Kate.
My parents have been wonderful helping with everything, and AJ -- what can I say about that wonderful boy? HE is also surviving these weird days. I don't get too emotional, post-partum-wise, except when I think about him, and how MUCH I love him and the unfortunate requirement that I neglect him a bit more than I'm used to while I'm utterly and so, so willingly attached, literally and figuratively, to this precious little girl. I can't stand to be away from her. It's overwhelming. :)
8 comments:
Survival is key but it is also lovely to have wonderful support! As it always applies to the things that may seem difficult - this too shall pass.
OK, I'm teary. Please call if you want to discuss ANYTHING! So glad all is going well!!!!
I don't know if this anecdote will help you, but it helped me. One of my good friends, when her second child was born, was half-weeping to the pediatrician about how she didn't have enough time for EITHER child now, and the pediatrician told her that the first child gets about twelve times as much attention as it needs to thrive, and the second child only gets about six times as much attention as it needs to thrive.
Sounds like things are right on track. Glad things are going so well.
that is so very sweet ...
I hope you are starting feel a little better everyday (physically)
such love in your family ... no one will miss out on anything!!!
oh, I was constantly cleaning up sugar on the counter .. I finally decided (3 days agao actually) to "screw all of that" and I now buy sugar packets!!!!
hugs to everyone!!!
So good to hear that everything is going well. Don't sweat the small stuff - just take care of you and that baby, rest as much as you can, and luxuriate in your delicious family.
I go away for a few days, and look what I miss! Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!
Huge, HUGE congrats on the arrival of your baby girl, Lee.
Post a Comment