Tuesday, March 25

Day 2 at home with 2 kids

Pssst..... hey, over here:

O.M.G. HOW does this work???


(AJ is home sick(ish) today.But well enough, thanks Motrin, that he wants to play. All. day. I am.... let's see... flummoxed? Is that the right word? It's too cold and he's too sick to play outside, we can't go do errands because of baby's eating schedule.... he refuses to color and has already watched 5.79 hours of TV at least......p.s.? He played at the sink in the bubbles -- oh, yes, I tried it -- for approximately 5 minutes.)

SAHMs are truly, truly my heroes.

8 comments:

nicole said...

Hey--you have a one-month old child and a sickish toddler. Let him watch as much TV as he wants. Let him eat goldfish and juice if that makes him happy. Do what you have to do to survive the day and none of you will suffer long-term. Give yourself a break!

Skiplovey said...

I have no idea how you manage with two, I can barely handle one.
One day of tpp much t.v. isn't so bad. He's sick, it's a sick day..

Mandy said...

totally agree with Nicole, let him do whatever causes him not to kill himself or ruin your house ... as you said in a previous post when KT was a new born... its all about survival!!! hugs:)

juliloquy said...

Three words: "two hour bath."

And I hear you about the SAHMs being heroes. My husband works Sundays (Fri-Sat are his current days off), so single-parent Sundays have become my least favorite day of the year. If you lived nearby, I'd bring the kids over for distraction/playdates.

Hope AJ is feeling better.

juliloquy said...

That should be "day of the week."

Dumb breastfeeding brain.

Anonymous said...

Ditto to nicole. Yeah -- a one-month-old. You're pretty much helpless for doing anything else. If TV is working, grand. Maybe when your DH comes home, one of you will be up for an hour of playing. It probably won't be you. :)

Anonymous said...

Oops. That anon comment was from me.

nicole said...

Sorry for calling AJ a toddler--blame it on newborn brain. :) Are things better?