Thursday, April 17

Random drawer and return to work

I can't start off my first work-from-home day without blogging. It just wouldn't feel right. HA!

Yesterday I went to the office for a "quick meeting" that turned out to be ALL DAY. It was good. I am glad to be starting back to Real Life, even though my Pretend Life of full-time leave was quite nice. I got a lot done, but not everything on my list. My "random drawer" in my bedroom (scarves, really old jewelery, some stationery, a lint-remover, etc.) is not yet cleaned out. I haven't spent the gift certificate my Mom gave me at KT's birth for new non-maternity clothes. I haven't gotten a favorite necklace repaired yet. I haven't called my parish school to pre-register AJ for Kindergarten ('09).

But these are all things that still can and will get accomplished, and meanwhile on Monday through Thursday I will be concentrating on a certain large university's email marketing efforts full-time. Whew -- nothing like jumping back in with both feet.

Meanwhile, KT baby has begun her daycare career, and yesterday the report was good. She behaved, took her bottles without protest, and didn't tick off the class bully, apparently. Hee hee. There are a lot of things I love about the Infant Room. One of the ladies always slips -- at least I think of it as "slipping" -- and tells me she "serviced" KT at 2:30 or whatever time. I would think she's supposed to refer to it (rocking the baby, feeding the baby, CARING FOR the baby) as something a little less custodial than "servicing," when talking to the parents. But she's great. I love that they already had her crib labeled with her name when we arrived first thing yesterday morning, and a spot in the fridge with her name, where we line up her bottles each day. They'd already put her diapers neatly in her own drawer. AND since she was the New Girl, she got the Fancy Bouncy Seat yesterday. :) She slept A LOT during the day, and after she got home, with all the excitement. I barely saw her eyes yesterday.

I wish that every family's daycare experience could be as great as ours has always been.

So anyway, I've got laundry to switch and LOTS of email marketing crap to sort though, as well as dinner to put in a crock pot (sorry, DH, but that's the way it has to be, I'm afraid) and *caffeinated* coffee to drink.

Oh! Two other things! Tomorrow, AJ's class is having a Spring Program. His first Spring Program!! I'm SO glad I have Fridays off so I can attend. And BELIEVE ME, there will be photos and video.

Also: He is coming home EVERY DAY lately with grass-stained pants, and some days, HOLES. What do we do about the holes, Moms? Patch them? Or just toss the pants and buy new?

What's in YOUR random drawer, by the way?

7 comments:

Skiplovey said...

It's our pens, paper, matches, various tools, rubber bands, ect drawer. Don't know what to do with something, throw it in there.

LL said...

Glad you had a good first day back!

We live in a tiny apartment where every drawer must have a clearly defined purpose, so I don't have a random drawer :( But when we move in to the new house I might have enough room for two of them!

nicole said...

I have more than one random drawer I'm afraid. As to the pants, I say patch them if you have to, but don't throw them out. He might as well wear them until they can't be worn anymore. Or, keep them for "yard work" and "helping Dad" days at home and get some new for school.

Swistle said...

"Serviced"-ha! Makes me think of taking the car in.

I don't patch, but I do save holey jeans for wearing in situations where non-holey jeans would be likely to get holey.

Mandy said...

I am so glad KT had a good "first day" ... hope everything keeps going as smoothly!!!

I would keep the jeans with the holes, and not worry about holes until they are just too big, then toss them.. plus its almost shorts weather:)

Which random drawer do you want to know about (I can think of at least 3 off the top of my head.. geez, that MUST change)??? I am going to go look in my dresser random drawer and get back to you on that one!!!

Oh geez, kindergarten .. ugh, Collin will not make the cut off so we are going to "pre-k" him that year ... speaking of Catholic things did you watch any of the mass today with the Pope??

Mandy said...

HA HA so I just checked my random drawer: belts, scarves, bathing suits, jewelry, a hallmark bag with the Fathers Day cards I forgot to give Eric last year, baseball type hats and our old 35mm camera .... with an unfinished roll of film in it;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, patch! Patch! If he's coming home every day with stains and holes, then he's playing too hard to wear good pants every day. And that's a good thing; it's great that he's playing so hard! I'd just vote for sending him to daycare in real play clothes rather than making good clothes into play clothes a few times a week. The iron-on patches are really quick and easy, too. :)