Monday, April 14

Riches

Saturday morning I drove down my street feeling richly blessed. The sun wasn't out and it was much too cool for April in Atlanta, but somehow I felt warm and happy.

It could have been that I'd had my hair cut on Friday by someone new, who made me feel like I'd known her a long time. (Score! New stylist, close to home!)

It could have been that after the haircut, my next-door neighbor called and invited me to lunch, and we spent two hours on the patio of one of our favorite local hangouts, and talked and laughed.

It could have been that MB and I chatted on the cellies, as usual, about nothing and everything and the daily round, and I just LOVE that I have a girlfriend with whom I can share my nothing and everything.

It could have been from Friday night, when Mandy and her sweet family came over for dinner, because we cousins got on like we'd been socializing together for years, even though it was our first meeting since she and I were about fifteen. Our conversation was easy, our boys played, shared and screeched like the best of 3-year-old friends, and we found uncanny parallels in our lives as parents of these precious kids. (So glad you guys could make it! And thanks for outfitting our pantry -- I'm enjoying my pie and AJ's enjoying his Hippie Goldfish. Heh.) I prolonged our dinnertime with inept kitchen mistakes, but... I hope no one cared. I sure enjoyed the extra time to visit. :)

So Saturday I was on my way to baptism preparation class for KT baby, which turned out to be a nice tie-up-with-ribbon reminder of how much joy exists in our lives, after experiencing the gift of it all so acutely. (I mean, a good haircut? Serious JOY.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice thing to read on a Monday morning. A reminder that we are blessed. And that we need to maintain connections with people to feel blessed. I'm going to take a deep breath and relax this morning. :)

Mandy said...

aww, we had a GREAT time with the el-e-e crew on friday!!! and all the extra hanging out time ... I was telling my inlaws how it was like we see each other all the time (our moms ARE proud) .. and I am glad AJ is enjoying the hippie crackers;)

..and what a neat way to tie it all in with baptism class at the end.. wow!!!

MaryB said...

You are blessed, thats for sure. BUT, you are also a blessing to me and to so many others. Your children are blessed to have you for a mother and your hubs, well, obviously....

And, WHAT are hippie crackers??????

el-e-e said...

Hee hee! MB, Mandy went shopping at Whole Foods and brought some organic brand of goldfish-type crackers for the boys. We were all making fun of them.