1 box pasta - bowtie or rotini work well
juice of 4 fresh lemons
about 12 oz fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
3-4 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
5-6 (or to taste) leaves fresh basil, torn or julienned
Grilled chicken (optional)
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
garlic salt
lemon pepper
******
Cook pasta as directed on box. While pasta cooks, make sauce in the bottom of a large serving bowl: juice lemons, add 8 oz. cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper, and stir with a whisk. (Save some cheese for garnish.) If using chicken, grill it while pasta cooks (we use the George Foreman grill).
Drain pasta and fold into the sauce. (Add chicken, sliced up pretty.) Garnish with extra cheese and basil leaves.
Supper is served!
This is one of my go-to recipes, and it's satisfying with or without the chicken. I've substituted the heck out of it over the years, too -- don't have shredded cheese? Grated (from the can) is fine. Don't have fresh lemons? You can get by with Real Lemon. Out of fresh basil? Dried will work (but not as yummy).
8 comments:
I love this because its seems sooo fresh and easy and light ... will add this to my next grocery list!!!
thanks:)
oh that sounds yummy!
This sounds really good. Of course, anything with cream cheese in it is good! :)
I meant cheese...you can't go wrong with CHEESE.
Terrific! i have a freezer full of frozen basil from when I sheared my MIL giant basil plant.
Yummy!
do you grow your own basil?? Do you grow any other herbs? I really want to grow my own little herb garden, but have never started.
Last summer I did grow my own basil (from a plant I purchased at Publix, REAL HARD). And I had so much!! It was great.
This summer I was not as industrious. I would like to do a little herby garden, too, one day.
me too! herby garden! would love to.
This recipe sounds great! (and the "optional" chicken is cool. fits with my new-found vegitarianism. thanks!)
Post a Comment