Ours included the school's Fall Festival, a trip to the nursery for our pumpkin (which rolled around in the backseat of my car during the commute this morning -- greaaaat), a Publix run for essentials (formula, baby food, oatmeal, bananas, and Pop Tarts), and a Sunday School lesson in which I failed to even mention All Saints' Day, but did engage the kids with a rousing game of "Dear St. Anthony, please look around...", with a chocolate prize of course.
I'm really trying to be attentive and grateful about everything - each moment, each memory. It's a little hard. I feel like I've been in a bad mood for 3 weeks.
My feelings about blogging, especially, have been up and down all last week and over the weekend. I know we all get this way from time to time. Feeling that it's trite and
We all have colds; KT baby's must be related to teething, but I'm hoping she doesn't develop her 2nd ear infection. Oog. A friend just had tubes put in his son's ears and I know that helps kids but I really don't want to have to go down that road. (See? You can tell I'm all negative right now, that I'm already diagnosing her with chronic ear infections.)
Traffic was really crappy this morning.
The Fall Festival was really fun, I think, for AJ. I forgot to say that. He and his daddy stayed for "Movie Night Under the Stars." It was too cold for that event, of course, but I know AJ had a good time. Oh, also, I was "asked out" by one of the other moms! Well, not really -- but AJ was invited to a playdate. I thought it was sweet because the mom specified that her son is an only child. Like she needed to justify asking AJ over. I was all, "You're the first person in HISTORY to invite us to a real playdate, I love you." Heh. Hope I didn't scare her away.
EDITED TO ADD: Not 30 minutes after hitting publish, I got my sorry butt up off my chair and took a 25-min walk down the long, winding drive on which sits my gray cinder-block of an office building. It was actually quite pretty (trees alongside the road, enormous blue sky above), and envigorating, what with the 20-mile-an-hour gusts we're having here today. And guess what? I felt better.
I was going to wait a whole week to post that, but I thought you should know in case you're feeling the blahs: Take a walk.
5 comments:
I love this post ... for some reason .. I dont know why, its just kinda struck something in me ...
oh and I totally need a good walk .. but its cold and dreary outside here (see, funk here too!!)
Funk here as well. I love the title of this post! It makes me smile. :)
I would totally have you over for playdates if we lived in the same state.
Yea for walking.
Also, my word for word verification is "josperts" and I think that is funny.
HA! I think "josperts" is funny to but mine is "latoryo."
'Later, yo! Perfect!
I SWEAR I had the one the other day that was:
PROMSLUT
Post a Comment