Tuesday, October 14

Quelque choses (Some things)

I haven't had a good blog-thought in ages. Thank goodness for the Tuesday recipes thing and for my little job thing or I'd have been a blank page for 2 weeks straight. ENTER: The Six Random Things Meme. Woo hoo! Everybody's doing it, most recently Mandy, who tagged you, me and everyone.

I am supposed to share 6 random things about myself that I have never shared before, which is funny because I've done variations of this meme about eleventy times already. Never mind... Here you are:


1. I do that thing where I twist my body around both ways to crack my spine at least once a day, if not more. I especially like it when they tell me to do this in yoga cool-down sessions, because it makes me feel like it won't actually cause arthritis. Like it may even be GOOD for me. I also crack my toes.

2. Every "month" I get one zit. Usually a prominent place on my forehead or face. It's just delightful. This week, for some other, unknown reason, I have three. GAWD. (You're welcome!)

3. I'm definitely a design snob, having been in the design/print industry this many years. My favorite fonts are sans-serif ones like Helvetica Condensed, Arial Narrow, Gil Sans Light, Tahoma. I really dislike serif fonts. Especially on blogs. (Except on yours... On yours they're pretty.)

4. We had tuna casserole for dinner last night. Mmmm. One of my favorites.

5. Yesterday at work, I was supposed to make a phone call to someone my coworkers and I would like to meet/work with. This person is sort-of a rock star in his field (at least I think of him as one -- entrepreneur, very smart, finger on the pulse, etc.). I emailed him first, then waited and waited before I placed the call... because I was hoping my manager would leave for the day and NOT HEAR ME make the call. We all share this office space and I don't know, I just didn't want him listening in.

6. I am the "stereotypical male" in our household; I often leave my nightshirt/underwear on the floor of the bathroom after I shower and get dressed. Isn't that HORRIBLE? I was reading a blog the other day wherein the wife wrote a letter to her husband saying "COULD YOU PLEASE just pick up your underwear? Is that so hard??" ...and I was mortified. Sorry, DH. I can't BELIEVE I've done this for so long. I'll try to do better.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm the "man" in our house, too. I like it ;)

Mandy said...

I love these .... can I admit that I have no idea what you mean about the different fonts?!?!?!?!?

MaryB said...

Dude, my shit is always on the floor. I am embarrassed to admit it.

HOWTHEHECKEVER! III am the one to pick up everyone's crap up off the floor around here, so he doesn't get to say crap about it. Since I am the one to clean any and all kids of messes, I get make whatever messes I desire. (touchy, much?)

All that said. I need to, I WILL DO better.

MaryB said...

My favorite font, BTW, is Bradley Hand. Probably because I do very. very differnt thigs than you in my "line of work" (hahahahahahaha!)I can see why you like the fonts you mention in your line o work...easy to read, polished, etc.

I print invitations and crap. It looks casual and fun onthat type of paper, or even a bit sophisticated on that type of paper. I hate that Rich has Arial set as our default font on our email.

I have reached previously unknown levels of dork that I can care about fonts this much.

MaryB said...

Bradley Hand is apparently also font of choice for those who write jumpy, scattered, blog comments and do not edit them, AANNDD hit the publish comment button by accident.

Julie said...

Heh heh...maryb wrote three comments!

I have no clue what font produces which kind of type. Also? I don't like people listening to my phone calls at work, either. Not that I have anything to hide. It just makes me uncomfortable.