Thursday, November 27

The Parade

I'm writing this on Wednesday, but when you read it, you may have already watched the parade! Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! I'm thankful for you!


I have so many different memories of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It's definitely one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving. In fact, when I wake up before nine, I'm usually IMPATIENT for it to start. I hope I'll be able to convince AJ to turn off his DVD player, or whatever cartoons he's watching, and switch it to parade coverage. I heard this year they're going to have a Smurf balloon for the first time! They didn't ever have one in the '80s, how crazy is that? And they're having Buzz Lightyear, which I think is odd since he's so ten years ago. I didn't hear them say Barry Manilow is going to be there and that is just a shame.

A few of my memories:
-- watching with my Granny when she'd come to visit in Pensacola for Thanksgiving;
-- being in the musical "Here's Love," which is the musical version of Miracle on 34th Street, and singing about "the big calown (clown) balloons, just a-sauntering, 49 feet from the ground..."
-- watching in Thibodeaux while we all got dressed in our hotel rooms before Thanksgiving dinner at our cousins' house -- we'd go from our room to Aunt L's room to Nan L's room, and in every room, the parade was on. :)

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I hoe AJ watched it for you this morning.. Collin didnt want to until he started seeng the balloons:) He watched a lot of it! My favorite was the old people marching band!!!

Also, I had no idea there was a musical version of Miracle on 34th Street!!!

Mandy said...

that should be HOPE not HOE...

Julie said...

I adore Barry Manilow! Hope you've had a nice Thanksgiving!