Tuesday, January 6

Another boring diet post

I felt slightly silly, taking a walk at 9:30 pm on "First Monday;" felt like anyone who drove by me would eyeroll and say to their passengers, "Oh, look, a New Year's Resolution-er! She'll be over it by next Tuesday. Hahahaha loser." Luckily, it was raining and no one really passed by.

...did ya catch that? It was RAINING. I was WALKING.

Am serious this time, apparently.

Unfortunately, I'm not drinking SlimFast so I can't entertain you with stories of my gag reflex. I just go for Cals In vs. Cals Out. Booor-ing! I use Fitday.com, which lets me set weight goals, log food and exercise, and even has a little journal feature so I can bitch about it there instead of here.

When dieting, I typically eat sparsely during the day -- little snacks and meals for b'fast and lunch -- and then let myself have a regular (albeit portion-controlled) dinner. Because it's too hard to change our family meal routine from Mac and Cheese. And I recently read a new article about that method, so it must be legit. Example:

B'fast:
-granola bar, lite peaches (canned), and coffee w/skim

Snack:
-trail mix with nuts and berries in my desk drawer

Lunch:
-Lunch from home is a pea salad with ham and sweet relish (no mayo)

Another Snack:
-Diet Cherry Coke

During the drive home:
-Gum

Dinner:
-"fried chicken salad" with lettuce, cukes, gr peppers, maybe cheese, bacon bits, and balsamic. Using Dinosaur nuggets for the chicken, of course. ;)

Also: Drink More Water. Trying to drink one glass before every caffeinated bev.

All calories (this menu adds up to around 1450 and is actually a little too low) planned and accounted for.

I'm doing the same as all my other (mostly unsuccessful) attempts to lose these 15! Except I think I'm (so far) working out harder. When I started losing this baby weight the goal was Beach Week, end of June. Down to goal weight and feel good in a bathing suit. (last year was... uncomfortable... when I was 3 months postpartum. No one wanted to see that, least of all me.)

Last night I worked out in our unfinished basement, using my laptop as DVD player. I workout where no one can see me, do you? I can't stand when I'm hopping about doing AEROBICS and another PERSON walks through. See also: doesn't go to gyms. It's all I can do to walk in public, on a road. I'm a TAD self-conscious, don't want to look like a bubblehead. (Also, don't want anyone to hear me saying "Nooooo!" when Jillian suggests Circuit Three of cardio. GAAAAH.) But last night I told DH he should come do the workouts with me. He's been saying that when he turns FORTY (in 13 days) that he'll get in shape. A challenge issued, perhaps??? Heh heh. I know he would never want all of you to know if he WERE doing an aerobics video. So I can't promise I'll follow up with this thread. Anyway. Hi, honey! And you're welcome, Tess.

5 comments:

Tess said...

AHEM, I'll thank you to never accuse a HEALTH KICK POST of being BORING.

Um, fried chicken salad? YUMMY. I've been into cheeseburger salads lately too (just plop a cheeseburger patty right on top there).

nicole said...

Yea for exercise. I used to be self-conscious about exercising in front of people, but I got over it. No one is ever really watching you as much as you think they are. Or so I tell myself. Good work on the food planning. I need to do more of that, but I'm not so motivated. And I have only been to the gym once this week, and that is not likely to change. I feel so lazy.

Julie said...

You're off to a great start! I caved and bought the 30-Day Shred. I have not, however, opened it. I'm pathetic. But you have inspired me! :)

Anonymous said...

NOT BORING.

I was thinking about using Fitday too, but went and signed up on weightlosswars again. But you can never have too many online accounts, right?

WE CAN DO IT!

Anonymous said...

D has, upon rare occasion, been coerced into doing an aerobics tape with me. Some are more acceptable than others, of course. The less dancy, the better. I love having an exercise companion, but he's not a big fan of the experience, to say the least. Maybe someday we'll take up tennis again.