Thursday, January 29

No, Cake.

I think I am getting better at dieting. Slowly but surely.

There is a lovely, 2-layer birthday cake in the office fridge, which I myself brought from home last week, after celebrating DH's birthday. I am very hungry at the moment, and the cake is calling my name!

But I just sat myself down and, inside my head, asked, "What would be more satisfying dude, the cake? Or the knowledge, later on tonight, that you didn't give in? That you are stronger than dumb, leftover cake? And anyway, you already KNOW what that cake tastes like, and the sugary film it leaves in your mouth when you're done, and how surprisingly FAST the cake episode, if you grabbed a piece, would be over. It's hardly worth it."

I really did have that conversation in my head. I think I'm growing! However, I'm also shrinking ever-so-slightly: down half a pound. Woo!

5 comments:

Alice said...

i've heard of this "willpower." i hope we're introduced one day ;-P

Mandy said...

I love when people admit to having conversations in their heads .... b/c I do to!!

anyway .. bravo:)

nicole said...

Way to go! I so rarely win those conversations. I'm impressed.

Madame Queen said...

Yay for self control! It really isn't a good feeling, isn't it? I remember I once had a similar conversation with myself over the gourmet cookies at the cookie company I worked for.

Anonymous said...

I love the comma between "no" and "cake." You're so witty. Also love the new look(s).