I wasn't going to do this, but just commented on Skiplovey's January post, and stated these three resolutions:
1) Listen to more music
This morning I cracked open the cellophane on my new Keane cd -- gift from Hubby for Christmas -- and it energized me, made me smile, and calmed my commute... A commute when I could have been worrying over plenty of little (big) bits of bad news (can't share). I was saved from starting my week very negatively. So, More Music. (Also: I heart Keane! British bands rule.)
2) Stick to a regular exercise schedule (YES)
I haven't put this on the calendar yet. Yesterday was my "cheat day" diet-wise. I made Ro*Tel dip. (I only ate one serving and put the rest away.) If I can get to bed on time tonight, I plan to rock the 30DS tomorrow morning at 5:15. OR, take a walk tonight after the kids go to bed. One or the other is my promise to you. But really, I would like to put at least 4 days' worth on my calendar, every week.
3) Be more present in my marriage (shifting some of my focus from the children back to the two of US).
Don't need to expand on this -- you guys know how it is. You forget, sometimes, that it all started with two lovebirds. ;) So this year I'm hoping to target that in my mind, instead of sweeping by it every few days while crossing household items off the to-do list.
3 comments:
Happy First Monday! YAY!
Can't wait to hear more.
Keane is a great band. We need more music in our lives too. Well, more varied music anyway. And I totally get you on the marriage front. Husband and I agreed early on that having kids would not put an end to our relationship as a couple. We have really nurtured our marriage and it is thriving after five kids and nearly eight years. So, make sure you keep that resolution. :)
Word verification: 'daress' Does that mean I should try something new and bold?
Oh I love Keane too!
So far on the resolutions, exercising is not going well.
Post a Comment