1. For the first time in a long while, I think, I returned to work feeling truly refreshed after our vacation. Even though keeping up with the two kids -- not to mention managing my guilt over leaving them with the grandparents all the time -- makes for a BUSY vacation, I feel like we still got some down-time. I read 2 books, drank some adult beverages, ate well, and somehow feel really good this Monday morning.
2. I'm grateful for nice co-workers who invited me to a welcome-back lunch today.
3. I'm grateful for my wonderful family. Cousins, aunts, uncles, parents, and spouse. Here's hoping they, too, feel refreshed and happy after our reunion.
4. We actually got most of the laundry done! (And by "we" I mean "DH.") Thank you, honey!
5. My two little munchkins both give me such joy. KT, with her explosion of language over this past week ("da wa-wa?" [the water?], "dohhhhh!" [Joe, her Papa Joe], and all her other new words!) -- and AJ, growing by leaps and bounds and growing my heart with him, even in the trying moments... I am so, so grateful for having them in my life and for being "Mommy."
2 comments:
What a nice post! Darryl and I are leaving Madison with Mom and Dad for the next two days. I'm so guilty about it that I dreamed I abandoned her all night. But we need it, need it. Can't wait to see KT.
Sounds like your vacation was exactly what you needed.
Post a Comment