
1. I have been living a little bit in the past this week because my Darling Husband bought me a CD -- a recent compliation of Chicago's greatest radio hits. Such good tunes there, from childhood/high school and before. I didn't realize the founders were DePaul University students, a school near and dear to my heart although I didn't attend there. And in the last several years I've come to appreciate the horn section more and more. Chicago, my friends, has horns.
2. Speaking of my DH, what a guy. :) He's been so busy this week at his office, but not too busy to 1) insist that I go to bed early the night before last, 2) send me a very sweet email on Wednesday, something that we both normally "are too busy" to do (shame on us), and 3) plan our date night tonight, even agreeing to maybe go to the mall with me. Hey, it's something we don't ever get to do by ourselves. I think it's going to be fun! I'm really grateful. I know that he read the blog post about me feeling sad and whatever, and he's taking actions that are so small, yet SO significant. Points for being Life-giving!
3. This Sunday I'm attending a work-related Yoga event at Atlanta's Piedmont Park. I haven't been to a group yoga session since... oh, this is embarassing... 1999!! The weatherman's predicting rain but I hope he's wrong. If morning temps are as nice as they've been lately, it's going to be an hour or two of pure BLISS. Breathe in... breathe out.
4. My Dad had hip replacement surgery this week. I am so glad for him. His hip has been giving him trouble for years. Talk about guilt: Our dumb 2-story house has been no picnic when he's been to visit us, I'm sure. I hope this is going to make him good as new! He'll likely go home today or tomorrow, and I know it's going to be a tough few weeks as he recovers (and can't sit/bend at a 90-degree angle)! So I'm praying for Mom and Dad both for strength and patience. And since I know a lot of good, praying people read Jen's Quick Takes, I'm posting it here! If you can spare a good thought, send it my parents' way!
5. KT ate turkey meatballs last night. Yum, yum! She didn't even get them in her hair, which is a minor miracle.
6. AJ started talking about Christmas yesterday. He said we need to make a wish list for KT. And then he whispered in my ear that what we need to put on that list is "A Barney toy." What a good brother!
7. Funny story that always makes me smile: A woman in my office wore a headscarf to the office one day. Another woman said, "You're so lucky, you can wear hats!" The first woman replied, "But... you can, too! You have a head, don't you?!" Hahahahahaha! Maybe you had to be there?
More quick takes at www.conversiondiary.com
3 comments:
I've always thought the best thing about Chicago was the horns. Were you a band geek like me?
And kudos to your DH. Make sure you reward that guy--with brownies or whatever.
That is funny.
Yay for DH! Hope the weekend was grand!
Post a Comment